Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I want to put the fron valence from the new BOSS's on my 2010 but I want to know if there's any way of like splicing in the foglights and having them work with the factory GT foglights. I don't wantto get rid of them and I also don't want the holes to bE empty so if u guys have any ideas on how to do that I would greatly appreciate it.
2010-12 Mustang California Special Front Valance Kit by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
I am interested in a different lower facia / splitter also, but not sure which one . . .

The link you posted is to a California Special lower facia, not the BOSS one. I think the new BOSS one is much more expensive, also includes a "functional" splitter and I'm not sure if the GT/CS one qualifies as "functional."

The link says the lower fogs are plug and play, so it sounds like they would have the same connector as the upper fogs; makes sense to me, I don't know why they would use a different connector.

So this will leave you with dead fogs up in the grill. You can replace the grill with one of the billet grills that has no fog holes. Or you can take out the fogs and leave the holes, or maybe dark tint the fogs and leave them in. Or you could probably pay a bunch of money for the BOSS grill that has the blanked-out holes.

I think it would be cool to leave the holes, but hook up some kind of cold air / "ram air" ducting to those holes, and lead it to the stock intake on the driver's side end of the grill. Not sure how to do that, but it sounds good to me!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey fellas I want to put the fron valence from the new BOSS's on my 2010 but I want to know if there's any way of like splicing in the foglights and having them work with the factory GT foglights. I don't wantto get rid of them and I also don't want the holes to bE empty so if u guys have any ideas on how to do that I would greatly appreciate it.
2010-12 Mustang California Special Front Valance Kit by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
The front fascia kit includes harness adapters that connect the CS foglights to the GT foglight connector. However, many customers left their GT fogs functional & spliced in the CS fogs without issue.

The CS & Boss valance are essentially one in the same, the Boss splitter is a separate piece. The difference with the Boss valance is that it has extra holes pre drilled on the bottom for installation of the splitter & it includes little fog light block offs that are removable for brake duct installation.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
The front fascia kit includes harness adapters that connect the CS foglights to the GT foglight connector. However, many customers left their GT fogs functional & spliced in the CS fogs without issue.

The CS & Boss valance are essentially one in the same, the Boss splitter is a separate piece. The difference with the Boss valance is that it has extra holes pre drilled on the bottom for installation of the splitter & it includes little fog light block offs that are removable for brake duct installation.
thanks for that, good info

so you can run both the upper and lower fogs at the same time, off the same switch? interesting but not sure I would want that

to the OP -- sorry for the mini-hijack but this seems relevant to your original question, just keeping it moving! ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
thanks for that, good info

so you can run both the upper and lower fogs at the same time, off the same switch? interesting but not sure I would want that

to the OP -- sorry for the mini-hijack but this seems relevant to your original question, just keeping it moving! ;)
That is correct. Personally I wouldn't due to the increased amp draw, but apparently the OE relay is up to the task. Fact is, in most states it is illegal to have on more than one set of driving lights at a time.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweeeet I wanted to know if it was possible to run both. Thanks guys for the hood info, now I need to find a place that will do it since I am not an electrical guy.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sweeeet I wanted to know if it was possible to run both. Thanks guys for the hood info, now I need to find a place that will do it since I am not an electrical guy.
You could so accomplish this yourself. All you need is 4 scotch locks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow i literally googled scotch lock and saw a youtube video demonstrating it and yes is it extremely simple. do you guys do forum discount codes? im probably going to order this in the next couple weeks or so.

·
Registered
606 Posts
wow i literally googled scotch lock and saw a youtube video demonstrating it and yes is it extremely simple. do you guys do forum discount codes? im probably going to order this in the next couple weeks or so.
Sent you a PM....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts