Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get the Boss intake with an Airaid CAI. I was wondering if anyone who got the Boss intake customized it. I like the gains but dont like the fact that it says Boss 302 on it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm perplexed by the Boss intake...

I'm not trying to judge your decision, but it doesn't seem hardly worth it to me. All you really get is your torque holds better waaaaaaay up around 7k rpms and you shave a bit of torque down low and mid-range. You'll have to stretch it out pretty hard to feel any advantage at all from it. To each his own, but I would personally pass on it.

Looks awesome though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm perplexed by the Boss intake...

I'm not trying to judge your decision, but it doesn't seem hardly worth it to me. All you really get is your torque holds better waaaaaaay up around 7k rpms and you shave a bit of torque down low and mid-range. You'll have to stretch it out pretty hard to feel any advantage at all from it. To each his own, but I would personally pass on it.

Looks awesome though.
So your saying it does nothing for a DD? So should I just pass on it and go with just the Airaid and tune?

S

·
0 Posts
I have to disagree. Yes you will lose a little torque, 2ft lbs at around 4200. But, if you look at the attached graph. Down low it actually makes more torque (about 2-3500) and from there it does fall off but not by more than 2 ft lbs all the way to 4700. Then it going above the factory intake torque numbers. And of course the big thing with this intake is the above 5300 hp numbers. I can tell you from driving several of these cars you do not notice the torque numbers early, but you will feel as it seems to pull forever!! I would recommend this mod. Of course I would recommend our package with the intake, CAI, and tuner. Let me know if you want a Forum Price :winks. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have to agree with Marcus. You actually loose HP at the lower end on most graphed Dynos I have seen. A big waist of money if you ask me. Better and cheaper to tune and CAI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts