Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a Boss Intake in a 2012 and started it to check the installation for leaks etc. The engine is idling and running just fine. I have a wide band installed and its not running lean. The airbox is stock, and everything else... I guess the "required" tunning is for the upper part of the powerband to enhance the breathing capabilities of the short runner design.

With the hipe about the tunes causing damage and since I need a custom tune now, any recommendations on a tuner for this intake?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Blow By Racing. I've had one of their tunes in my car with the identical setup to yours for about 5,000 miles. I just recently went to a JLT cai as well and just got my tune updated from them.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Seeing where you are at... I guess there is a e-mail tune in your future...
Unless you have a dyno shop close by and some one that knows how to tune the engine locally...
Good luck

·
Registered
77 Posts
WOW!!! You got raked over the coals for that price...I paid $500 for my tune AND intake manifold. When I got the touch up for the JLT it was $30 and that's only because I didn't buy my intake from BBR, if I had the tune touch up would have been free of charge, but I got the intake for $200 so the additional $30 for the tune and I was still under the price of just the intake by itself from anywhere else.

I should probably mention that I already have a SCT x3 that I purchased from Evolution back in January.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW!!! You got raked over the coals for that price...I paid $500 for my tune AND intake manifold. When I got the touch up for the JLT it was $30 and that's only because I didn't buy my intake from BBR, if I had the tune touch up would have been free of charge, but I got the intake for $200 so the additional $30 for the tune and I was still under the price of just the intake by itself from anywhere else.

I should probably mention that I already have a SCT x3 that I purchased from Evolution back in January.

Actually I just checked the invoice, the price included the shipping. It was a full OEM kit, brackets, bolts, fuel line, purge valve and hose, intake tube, etc. At the time the intake alone was $429.00... Perfect OEM installation, I really don't mine the aditional cost.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Personally I would have put that extra $200 you spent on an "oem" look and gotten a tune and tuner. There is no way in hell I'd drive this car with a part change like an intake manifold without having a tune for said part. Have you not seen the issues about the #8 cylinder? I'm one of a few people that think this is from people installing parts without tunes...ahem.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally I would have put that extra $200 you spent on an "oem" look and gotten a tune and tuner. There is no way in hell I'd drive this car with a part change like an intake manifold without having a tune for said part. Have you not seen the issues about the #8 cylinder? I'm one of a few people that think this is from people installing parts without tunes...ahem.

Yeap, the tune is coming, like I said, its got a wide band... whats got the #8 to do with this? If its leaning up, well that's another thing, actually A/F is on the rich side and engines don't melt cause they've got to much gas. I was just asking for a good tuner...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well given your wb02 is correctly calibrated and correctly installed BEFORE a cat...yes you would assume correctly that running fat does make it safe...so long as it's not too fat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The car has widebands installed from the factory there is a thread around here explaining how to get it hooked up. But you will need to have an SCT tuner for this. But like stated if it is hooked up properly and calibrated I dont see how it could be wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts