Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go up to the nearby Ford dealer and looked, and drove one! Rides soooo much better than my 2006, and the throttle response on the automatic while not perfect is a lot better than my sluggish 2006.

I was able to get it near invoice. I probably could have got a little better, but my 2006 had accident damage on the drivers side bumper, and was able to get almost 17k for it still!

I can't wait for the 1000 miles to be up so I can have fun with it. I still have not floored it all the way yet though.

So glad I got the premium over the base model. Sooo much better.

The thing has TONS of power though.

I wonder what 3:73 or 4:10s would be like on this auto.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats on the new ride bro! Dont be afraid to punch it hard now and again to seat those rings,,as long as you are not hitting the rev limiter and vary the RPM you will be set for break in. I am very impressed by the new 5.0 :bigthumbsup

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new ride bro! Dont be afraid to punch it hard now and again to seat those rings,,as long as you are not hitting the rev limiter and vary the RPM you will be set for break in. I am very impressed by the new 5.0 :bigthumbsup
Thanks. Im just affraid to drive it LOL always worried someone will hit me.

It had a minor hail ding in it that has to be repaired and I have to take it back in because I talked them into throwing window tinting in there as well. A Mustang isn't complete without tinting.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
pics?!!!! congrats!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
congrats man! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Nice man!

Like others said, don't be afraid to stomp on it. Seat those rings!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have more pics up tomorrow hopefully. It still has to go to the dealer and get the window tinting I had them thrown in installed, and there was a few minor hail dings also.

I'm just so scared when parking it that someone will hit the car!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
lol Im the same way, my wife laughs at me all the time because Im so picky how and where I park

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's a picture of mine that I picked up this morning. Black over Black. Now has 75 miles on it, and my dog loves it. Base GT with Brembos, reverse sensing, and all weather mats. Personally I don't mind the base interior - I will be upgrading the steering wheel, though. I sold my 2011 V6 to get in on the GT party. The V6 was a blast, but I can tell this one's gonna be a beast.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's a picture of mine that I picked up this morning. Black over Black. Now has 75 miles on it, and my dog loves it. Base GT with Brembos, reverse sensing, and all weather mats. Personally I don't mind the base interior - I will be upgrading the steering wheel, though. I sold my 2011 V6 to get in on the GT party. The V6 was a blast, but I can tell this one's gonna be a beast.

Nice. Yea I like the black, and Kona blue the best, but the St. Louis summers those cars would be a frying pan, and they get too dirty easily. I had a silver Mustang in the past so decided Silver didn't look bad. Good thing is with silver small dings and water spots are not as easily seen.

I was thinking about ordering a base 2012 or buying one of the used ones, but I've seen the pics of the base 5.0s and driven a 06 one in the past. Honestly Im glad I decided to spend the 5k more for the premium thinking about it now. the base looked too cheap in the inside and the gauge cluster looks cheaper, ect.

Again nothing against the base because I considered it because of the cost savings, but I'm glad I have the premium.

I thought my 2006 interior was nice for an American car, and I admit I liked it a lot, but the 2010+ interior blows it away.

My mom took it for a spin tonight, and when she was pulling it into the garage she pressed the front bumper against the air compressor a bit. Luckily it only touched the hose. I about s***** myself at first.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I often wonder that too.:D. The high gears are nice if ya do a lot of highway driving.. I think if I installed gears in mine I wouldn't go 4:10 and stick with 3:73's..Ford Racing 3.73 Gears (11-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! The numbers look good enough to still run on the highway..
If you are wanting to drag... 4:10 all the way...

BTW:postpics

Me too.. I will park real far away from everyone... Never fails.. Someone will park next to me by the time I come out.. It's like they are hoping to add some looks to their car by parking next to baby..

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
So I decided to go up to the nearby Ford dealer and looked, and drove one! Rides soooo much better than my 2006, and the throttle response on the automatic while not perfect is a lot better than my sluggish 2006.

I was able to get it near invoice. I probably could have got a little better, but my 2006 had accident damage on the drivers side bumper, and was able to get almost 17k for it still!

I can't wait for the 1000 miles to be up so I can have fun with it. I still have not floored it all the way yet though.

So glad I got the premium over the base model. Sooo much better.

The thing has TONS of power though.

I just went from a 2009 to a 2012 myself so I know exactly what you mean... I was expecting the power boost but not the quantum leap in the quality of the ride and how solid the car feels. I'm enjoying all the Premium's toys too, LOL... telling my iPod what to play, never having to worry about knowing exactly where something is before I leave the house, and always being able to order my Chinese or pizza at the exact right distance away so that's it ready just as a pull up. I'm having a blast with every aspect of this car.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Congrats! I just got mine this week and I'm loving it to death. Lot's of pictures please.:bigthumbsup

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just went from a 2009 to a 2012 myself so I know exactly what you mean... I was expecting the power boost but not the quantum leap in the quality of the ride and how solid the car feels. I'm enjoying all the Premium's toys too, LOL... telling my iPod what to play, never having to worry about knowing exactly where something is before I leave the house, and always being able to order my Chinese or pizza at the exact right distance away so that's it ready just as a pull up. I'm having a blast with every aspect of this car.
I also notice especially on the highway the car scoots a lot faster. My 2006 auto while quick, on the highway at higher speeds it was A LOT slower.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pictures. As far as the one pic posted here, it's a beaut! Like the dog too.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Congratulations guys, yup these are amazing Mustangs! You got that right:

The V6 was a blast, but I can tell this one's gonna be a beast.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pictures. As far as the one pic posted here, it's a beaut! Like the dog too.
That's not the OP's car... Not even sure what color his car is..

That is a slick looking dog... He looks like he is posing

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congrats, guys! I love the interiors of the Premiums too, but even the base models in the 10+ look much better. The GT makes you look like the Joker...just watch out for cops :)

gordo,

That looks great! I, too, am scared that some careless turd is going to open his door too wide and hit me.

Do you guys ever have to tell your family, friends, or coworkers to shut the door easy? It seems like so many people are used to crappy cars that they are used to slamming doors, and it drives me nuts!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.