Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
2,730 Posts
The wheels are probably off a newer Mustang or are aftermarket with a different offset which is why you likely have the stabilizer clearance issue.
I'm not all that surprised that Ford already made the window switch obsolete. Even parts that have decent demand regularly get cut from their available part lists. It may be reproduced and available on LMR or CJ Pony Parts or even Rockauto like already mentioned.
The Mach system came in 2 versions: one with a sub and one without. Either version had upgraded factory amps and speakers though. Not the best sounding or quality system but much better than Ford's typical subpar stereos. It was wired in an unusual manner which makes integrating standard aftermarket amps and speakers into it difficult. The factory speaker and amp wiring has to be abandoned in most cases.
The knob was not factory as far as I know and as already mentioned probably came with an aftermarket amp which has since been removed.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
The Mach system speakers are different ohms from what is normally in the aftermarket. Ford's weird system uses 8 ohm speakers and any aftermarket will be normal 4 ohms. You'll have to change the amplifiers if you want to upgrade to aftermarket speakers(if not already changed) since the Mach is 8 ohms and new speakers will be 4 ohms. If you change the speakers to aftermarket then you have to run them direct off your aftermarket head unit or run a new amp which means running speaker wires or amp wiring. If one of the stock Ford amps stops working then the same thing applies in that you'll have to buy new speakers and run new wiring I believe.
As I recall the 2 factory Ford amps each drive the different frequency ranges to each speaker, one low and one high. That's another thing that was weird about the factory system. Each speaker gets input from 2 amps and it's a very odd way to set up a sound system.
The AFM member eelstrebor is familiar with the Mach system in the SN95. Here's a recent thread that he started that discussed it: (198) identify Mach 460 head connectors | Ford Mustang Forum (allfordmustangs.com)

If the drop is over 1" or so it might need camber plates to get it aligned. It's hard to tell from your pic since it's on an angle but if he dropped your car about 2" and it's got the stock strut mounts then that might be why you have a rubbing issue. The car doesn't look dropped at all to me but a side pic or measurement of the tire to wheelwell would help get someone to tell you if it's lowered or not.
The large 3" exhaust tips that you have will further make big bumps an issue like you said happens. Maybe the exhaust is too low. You said there were long tube headers on the car so hitting any bumps and bottoming them out would be a bad thing and lowering a car with them installed is risky. Are you sure that's not the scraping sound that you hear?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Looking at your driver side door, I don't like the gap (the absence of a gap). You should have the chassis checked first thing.
The pic is at a 1/4 angle so you really can't see most of the panel gaps properly. The only thing that I notice is the door looks like a darker shade of silver than the rest of the car. A side view would be very helpful though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts