Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
What does everybody use between their brake calipers and pads? Some say there is some adhesive, some say just use white grease. I have used that blue stuff in the past, but can't find any in a tube.
Any help will be appreciated. I need the benefit of your experience. I am getting ready to change pads, and want everything I need in hand before I start.
Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i keep a small tub and a brush of some blue hi-temp bearing grease on hand. i put it on the end tabs and tin clips on the ends of the pads, i put it on the piston edges and on the outside fingers on the calipers where the pads come into contact. also clean and grease the slide pins, if they dont slide real good. most pads come with a squeel plate or gasket, but i still grease them up :)

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
no prob larry, hey i went to oreillys this past weekend to dump my waste oil, and i noticed they loan out the brake caliper kits for free. did you get a kit? maybe other auto parts do that too?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I always use some when I change my brakes. I just use the little packets of anti squeal from autozone or o'reillys and I have never had any squeaking problems

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no prob larry, hey i went to oreillys this past weekend to dump my waste oil, and i noticed they loan out the brake caliper kits for free. did you get a kit? maybe other auto parts do that too?
Very cool tip about O'reillys. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked to a guy at Auto Zone and he said ceramic pads don't need any grease because of the special backing plate they have. Is there any truth to this?
Do any of you use grease on ceramic pads anyway?
Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just talked to a guy at Auto Zone and he said ceramic pads don't need any grease because of the special backing plate they have. Is there any truth to this?
Do any of you use grease on ceramic pads anyway?
Thanks,
Larry
I started a new thread for this question. Please look for the one about ceramic pads needing grease.
Thank you all.
Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts