Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the recent recipient of a '93 Cobra. I have always been a fox body freak, and when faced with the chance, jumped in with both feet to get this Cobra. I have one major problem. My rear rotors are shot, and need replacing. The rears are a five lug system, which from what I understand, wasn't offered in '93. Not one of the parts stores I've been to have what I need. All '93 rotors are four lug, so I figured to do the logical thing. Concede that it WAS a late production vehicle (October), and it was superceded by '94's, right? No, none of the '94 brakes match either. I would appreciate any help or advice from my blue oval brothers.

Thank you kindly,

Chris

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well if you just bought it you should still have the previous owner's number right? I would try giving him/her a call and see if they know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I underestimated the time frame...it was almost a year ago now that I check the paperwork, and imagine the irony...his number was changed.....I don't know what else to think except maybe there's a 9 inch rear end under it....I'm going to have to go and check it out.....DAMN it's cold out in the garage.......by the way, does an 8.8 have a back cover to distinct it from a 9 inch?? I can't believe I got the ******* mustang cobra, and I checked the vin, it's definately what it says it is...no suprise though...I could buy a brand new GT, and have a problem, and they'd say, "Oh sorry Chris, you got the only one with a Fiat rear end!" or something like that......

·
Registered
70 Posts
www.maximummotorsports.com They will have a brake kit for your car. Do yourself a favor and put decent front brakes on while you’re at it. The 8.8 inch has a removable rear diff cover, with the 9 inch the ring & pinion come out the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fronts are almost new....I believe my hardware went bad on the drivers rear, the back is still like new, and the front is literaaly worn an eighth of an inch into the rotor...thanks for the advice, I'm going to give them a call, and check availability, but like I said, even the local brake shops couldn't find the right parts, so I tore it apart, and now have parts in hand. Again, thank you for the advice...maybe we'll meet on a highway sometime, and see if my '93'll hang with your 98.....later...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.....I was told by the Ford dealer today, that the brakes on my '93 mustang were made obsolite in 2002, and they make no replacements.....can this be true?? Somebody has to have an answer for me.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
brakes

I'm with GR on this one. If your having this much trouble, I would get a upgraded brake kit for the rear from Baer or equiv. It shouldn't be much trouble as long as the rear is stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.