Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought the car the drivers side caliper did not have a bolt holding it. and when i took off the caliper the bolt was on the upper caliper. I cant explain it!

Just can someone show me a picture on how it should look?

94 Mustang GT

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hope someone helps you.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, sorry guys but i dont know the name of everything. but let me try for more info for you guys to help me.

The caliper Pin bolt that the caliper slides onto is not a actual pin like on my honda, It is a bolt a weird bolt but i dont think it serves good for a caliper pin for it to slide back and forth. and now on the actual bolt on the bottom of the caliper their was no bolt so i went to the junk yard and got that weird looking bolt and it was way to short.

So either i grabbed the wrong caliper bolt or something is wrong?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that one the bolt are in different spot. but ya a pic just like that of a 94-95 stang would be perfect if anyone has. Thanks Alot in Advance !

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Well that one the bolt are in different spot. but ya a pic just like that of a 94-95 stang would be perfect if anyone has. Thanks Alot in Advance !
It sounds like you are wondering if there are supposed to be two retaining bolts to hold the caliper on the bracket? If that is your question, then no, only one bolt is used on the bottom. The top is just a pin that the caliper slides on. To install, just slip the upper pin into place on the caliper and swing it down until it lines up to the bottom bolt, then bolt it in place. Kind of a strange setup, and i thought the same thing the first time i saw it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, that is a normal set up ^^^ but my set up how ever is strange. where the pin should be so the caliper can slide onto is not a pin it is a bolt with a long metal surface. not a normal pin. and then when i drop the caliper to the bottom i tried using a bolt to put it on from the junk yard and the bolt was to short and small.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
post a pic. another option would be to go back to the junkyard with an inverted torx socket and remove the bracket pin from another car.

maybe you have different slides on the bottom side.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya ill go check a junk yard. Hey i got a question. people told me that the 5.0's hold 5 quarts of oil so i bought a bottle of 5 quarts in it cheap super tech oil and i put the whole bottle in the motor and drove it. but this morning when i checked it i think it is over filled like a quart or half a quart. is that bad?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.