Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided to paint my calipers and I thought I would share my experience with you guys.
I did consider buying the caliper covers from CJ Pony but no offense, those caliper covers look like crap for the front ones, the rear ones look ok.
Nonetheless I thought the price was way too expensive.
Instead, I bought the Dupli-Color red brake caliper kit from auto zone for like less than $20.
So far I've only done one and this is what it looks like so far.

Here are some before and after pics... tell me what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You did a good job with the plastic dip. I would like to see how it looks with the wheel installed. Personally, I like the before caliper better. However, we all have our personal tastes. Good luck with your project. Don't forget the photos with the wheel installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did a good job with the plastic dip. I would like to see how it looks with the wheel installed. Personally, I like the before caliper better. However, we all have our personal tastes. Good luck with your project. Don't forget the photos with the wheel installed.
Yes there will most definitely be photos with the wheels installed once I am done! :)
Oh and by the way this isn't plasti dip. This is Dupli-Color red caliper paint kit, permanent. I still need to apply a coat of gloss paint which also serves the purpose of a sealer so it'll protect the paint as well.

Reactions: huberoy123

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes there will most definitely be photos with the wheels installed once I am done! :)
Oh and by the way this isn't plasti dip. This is Dupli-Color red caliper paint kit, permanent. I still need to apply a coat of gloss paint which also serves the purpose of a sealer so it'll protect the paint as well.
Looking good man! Getting mine painted in about two weeks as well, and also going with the same color. I haven't done much research just yet, but I'm assuming that heat shouldn't have any effects on the paint right?

Also looks like you didn't even have to take them off. Looks like I could have done this in my apartment complex garage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good man! Getting mine painted in about two weeks as well, and also going with the same color. I haven't done much research just yet, but I'm assuming that heat shouldn't have any effects on the paint right?

Also looks like you didn't even have to take them off. Looks like I could have done this in my apartment complex garage.

Correct I didn't take them off. I just painted all of the areas which people can see. Didn't paint the back or anything...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Correct I didn't take them off. I just painted all of the areas which people can see. Didn't paint the back or anything...
Nice man. Had I thought about this, I would have done exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I did mine also when the car was new. Just bought a can of Rust-O-Leum and it has held up just fine for all these years, No touch ups. Just clean them well with high water pressure when you was the car and they will stay good for a long while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the way the car looks now... :grin:

Reactions: Iczer5

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love the way the car looks now... :grin:

/jealous nice work man. Looks nice!

Reactions: n1x1n

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
looks good with the white car. Nice job.

Reactions: n1x1n

·
Registered
786 Posts
I wonder what it would look like painted white to match the car.

I do like it though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts