Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the car changing my oil today and took a look at the foglight covers. They pop right off and it looks like it would be quite easy to get some tubing to fit from the fascia to the brakes. I don't see why you'd have to swap to the GT/CS fascia to use the brake cooling kit. Is there a significant difference in the brake mounting plate or the foglight/intake ports? It looks like all they did was invert the shape of the foglight.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
No need to spend all that money on the kit. You can buy most everything at the hardware or home store.

And you can get the factory foglight bezels for the V6 from Ford to hook the hoses to.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to spend all that money on the kit. You can buy most everything at the hardware or home store.

And you can get the factory foglight bezels for the V6 from Ford to hook the hoses to.
Do you mean you can get the ones from the cooling kit?
As far as I can tell you'd need one that the hose can clamp to and then the backing plate for the rotor itself. Getting the tubing and clamps is obviously easy but there's 2 key pieces that you'd need to make it work.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Do you mean you can get the ones from the cooling kit?
As far as I can tell you'd need one that the hose can clamp to and then the backing plate for the rotor itself. Getting the tubing and clamps is obviously easy but there's 2 key pieces that you'd need to make it work.
No, those ducts in that kit are for the CS front and won't fit the V6 openings.

I mean get the foglight bezels for the V6 and attach the hoses to them.

Not that big of a deal, just some metal brackets or a piece of exhaust tubing and screws to attach the hoses with, be creative.

The attachment points for the backing plates could be easily fabbed too, just a stubby piece of exhaust tubing and attach it to the stock backing plate after cutting a hole in it.

You know that that BOSS brake cooling kit is made for cars with Brembo brakes and even if you can use the backing plates you will probably have to modify them.

I think you would be very disappointed if you buy that BOSS cooling kit and try and make it fit the V6.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you don't think the boss foglight covers are the same shape as the V6 only inverted? Looks like it to me, and it wouldn't surprise me since FMC is all about value-engineering.

yeah, no way I'd drop $400 on that BOSS kit but if I can make something similar for $100 I will.
I'm not afraid to fab up something but I don't want it to look ghetto and have screws sticking out.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
So you don't think the boss foglight covers are the same shape as the V6 only inverted? Looks like it to me, and it wouldn't surprise me since FMC is all about value-engineering.

yeah, no way I'd drop $400 on that BOSS kit but if I can make something similar for $100 I will.
I'm not afraid to fab up something but I don't want it to look ghetto and have screws sticking out.
Those bezels may be similar looking but they aren't going to fit just by flipping them.

And those are just the foglight bezels for the CS, same as using the foglight bezels from the V6 front end so why try and make them fit if you can buy something that will for sure fit?

And any screws or pop rivets you may use to put it together will be behind the bumper cover and won't show.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Call Southwest Ford in Weatherford and get a price on the cooling kit. I think mine was $150.00. I could be off a little because I was ordering alot ofparts at the same time. The install is easy also. I had them install mine with the Brembo brakes but all you do is remove some nuts and reinstall them over the plate. I wouldnt suggest piecing this together. Just my opinion. The tubing in the kit isnt just plastic hardware store 3" tubing. Its made to resist splitting and tearing from road debris and heat. As for the front fog light holes just pull one and measure it. if its 3" holes then you can use them. Let me know if you need any help and I'll do what I can.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ok so the Ford Racing p/n is M-2004-MB. My cost from Southwest Ford is $208.09. Looks liek the fog light holes should be 3". Alittle more or less wont hurt because you can still clamp the tubing on if you cut slits in it. If you need some help doing install let me know and I can help. Oh and the Boss light housings are not the same.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha, well I thought it was too good to be true.
I'm not interested in the CS fascia so I think I'll have to look into some other options or wait till the aftermarket comes out with something.

·
Registered
883 Posts
If the light housings you have are a 3" hole then you can install this kit. I just noticed you are looking at the FR500C brake cooling kit. Just look at the standard kit that doesnt have the front fascia peices. Then you can use your existing peices.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're saying that you just remove the foglight bezel and then attach the hose? If so, how does it attach? I know in the BOSS kit there's an insert with a funnel shaped opening.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Go to 1Fordracingparts.com and search for the M-2004-MB kit. It is the the hose, clamps and rotor caps that you need. you dont need the inserts in your photo in your first post. You would just attach the hose to the back of the foglight housing. It should have about an inch and a half of material on the back side that you can clamp the hose too. You need to pull one of the housings or get a picture of the back side of it. I dont know how the light attaches to the housing so you may have to do some work to them if they have a flat spot that the light screws to. If you can get a pic we can see if the hose will attach. And if you can measure the diameter of it also. Oh and your foglight housing becomes the funnel shaped opening.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
You're saying that you just remove the foglight bezel and then attach the hose? If so, how does it attach? I know in the BOSS kit there's an insert with a funnel shaped opening.
Go to 1Fordracingparts.com and search for the M-2004-MB kit. It is the the hose, clamps and rotor caps that you need. you dont need the inserts in your photo in your first post. You would just attach the hose to the back of the foglight housing. It should have about an inch and a half of material on the back side that you can clamp the hose too. You need to pull one of the housings or get a picture of the back side of it. I dont know how the light attaches to the housing so you may have to do some work to them if they have a flat spot that the light screws to. If you can get a pic we can see if the hose will attach. And if you can measure the diameter of it also. Oh and your foglight housing becomes the funnel shaped opening.
J Orbit has a base car so he does not have foglight bezels, his car has blanks.

You can buy the OEM Pony package or MCA package foglight bezels from Ford and use them to hook the hoses to. That's all the pieces are in the BOSS kit is foglight bezels from the GT/CS front end.

And I still maintain that you can come up with the rest of the parts at the parts store and from the hardware/home store for about $50.

The hoses are just wire reinforced silicone flexible air duct tubing. I know for a fact that NAPA can get the tubing. The rest of the parts could be fabbed from readily available bits and pieces.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For the guys that want to replace the base foglight "blanks" on your 2011-2012 V6 with the Pony Package foglight "bezels" with openings...here are the part #'s:

AR3Z-17E810-BA (RIGHT)
AR3Z-17E811-BA (LEFT)

I plan on making a brake duct kit in the future but for now...it just looks better...even without fog lamps in there.

www.tousleyford.com

1-800-328-9552

Should be in stock, $9 each, ask for Steve or Mike.

:bigthumbsup

Later...Dave

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ltang is right. I have a base model so no foglights. I didn't realize that the kit was designed to work with the foglight openings as mine are the blanks with no opening. Looks like I know what I need to order.

I'm not opposed to making a kit but the backing plate would be a challenge. I don't have the ability to cut/drill metal plate. I'm open to suggestion though.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just order the M-2004-MB kit along with the foglight inserts and your up and running for under $250. Then you can do the install. If you want to peice the kit together then M-2004-B is the p/n for just the spindle ducts. Then you can buy the hose and clamps where ever you want too.

So your options are:

1: M-2004-MB kit-$208.09 and the foglight housings for $20 or

2: M-2004-B spindle ducts -$? and the foglight housings $20 and you have to find the hose and clamps.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Ltang is right. I have a base model so no foglights. I didn't realize that the kit was designed to work with the foglight openings as mine are the blanks with no opening. Looks like I know what I need to order.

I'm not opposed to making a kit but the backing plate would be a challenge. I don't have the ability to cut/drill metal plate. I'm open to suggestion though.
240 miles from Dallas to my house, bring it and I'll fab it for you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts