Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an '06 GT. It rides and handles decently, but the nasty brake dive is driving me crazy. I had to slam my brakes on the other day to avoid an accident and the entire front end dipped down to the ground...not too confidence inspiring. I have also noticed that when I punch it, particularly in first gear, the front end raises up like a water ski boat. I guess that's good for drag racing, but I like to be able to see the road, not the sky, when I'm driving. Anyone out there bugged by this and does anyone have suggestions on how to solve it?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would go have that checked out, you might have a few parts missin. Mine is solid as a rock. Very stable and a real right on feeling. Preditable at the limits. And the traction control/abs saved me twice in one trip.:thumbsup

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've added the Ford Racing Lowering kit. New springs, dampners, anti-sway bar. That will eliminate your dive. Also makes the car look better. No more big gap in the fender wells.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Dive and lift

I have heard if you buy a Chevy, that really solves it. Not enough power to get up and down. They never have that problem. Or you can get Wal-Mart-Fall-Apart tires. They just spin and that keeps your front end nailed down :|

Seriously though, your front end shouldn't move up and down more than a few little inches.

-David

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Lol, I think hes exaggerating a little bit about the sky, but i feel a little butt squatt when hard start, not all that bad, I would conisder it normal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the same feelings!!! the stock suspension rides like crap!!! it does go up and down like crazy!!! get a good set up sport springs, I got the steeda and that will cure your problem!!!!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
2k5stang said:
I had the same feelings!!! the stock suspension rides like crap!!! it does go up and down like crazy!!! get a good set up sport springs, I got the steeda and that will cure your problem!!!!
Lol, geez, is there anywhere in hawaii to even go that fast?

2005 Mustang GT 447rwhp (Without ZEX) // ATI Procharger // ZEX 125hp Wetshot // Steeda springs // Steeda Lower control arms // MMR Upper control arm // 3.73's // Tokico ADJ shocks/Struts // Hurst Short Shifter // Mac Mufflers // Bassani Compcats & X-pipe

Next Mods: SCT X-cal 2, Wideband, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Nice mods!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Tungsten said:
I got an '06 GT. It rides and handles decently, but the nasty brake dive is driving me crazy. I had to slam my brakes on the other day to avoid an accident and the entire front end dipped down to the ground...not too confidence inspiring. I have also noticed that when I punch it, particularly in first gear, the front end raises up like a water ski boat. I guess that's good for drag racing, but I like to be able to see the road, not the sky, when I'm driving. Anyone out there bugged by this and does anyone have suggestions on how to solve it?
i noticed the brake dive right when i got it. after i installed the pro kit a lot of it went away. dampers are the next step. but beware your ride will be slightly rougher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts