Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to convert my stangs drums to disc brakes, i know what i need for the conversion, what i was wondering was about the length of the axle shafts. are 94-04 8.8s the same length, and are they interchangeable with 7.5 axles? what i really want to know is if the 7.5 axles will go into my car with no problem. the donor car in question is a 99 V6. or should i just stick to finding a 94-98 gt for the swap? much thanks to all who reply.
- Arlo

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lxarlo said:
i want to convert my stangs drums to disc brakes, i know what i need for the conversion, what i was wondering was about the length of the axle shafts. are 94-04 8.8s the same length, and are they interchangeable with 7.5 axles? what i really want to know is if the 7.5 axles will go into my car with no problem. the donor car in question is a 99 V6. or should i just stick to finding a 94-98 gt for the swap? much thanks to all who reply.
- Arlo
what's the swap into?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lxarlo said:
my mustang obviously 93 lx hatch
The short answer is "I don't know"

I think the axles are longer, but the 01+ 7.5" axles are the same as the GT. Whether the 01+ GT uses the same axles as the 93 GT, is the question.

I am pretty sure the pre-01 7.5" axles will not fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.