Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 1990 GT today and my brakes went out! Luckily, it happened in a parking lot near my home and I was able to limp it home. Not sure if it's a vacuum problem or power booster. Nothing was leaking and the master brake cylinder was full. When I pressed the brake pedal it sounded like someone was compressing bellows to get a fire going. Please help!

·
Registered
412 Posts
The booster. Fire it up and pop the hood and put your foot on the brake and you'll probably hear it coming right from the booster area. Repair by replacement if that's what it is. Should just need a new booster, not the mastercylinder.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
NOT so easy but $100. If it were me I would replace it with a 93 cobra booster. You will need to oval the two left holes to give a littell more clearance for the larger booster but its not too bad of a job. Just sucks cause most of the work is on the driver floor board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. But the only power booster I can find is the A1 Cardone for $69 on summitracing. Any tips on where I can find the one you're talking about for the 93 Cobra?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts