Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2002 convertible v6. to make a very long story short, the car has new wheels and tires, new rotors and pads, and the abs light is on. here is the deal. the car has been shaking bad since i replaced the brake pads in the front in january. i didnt replace the rotors. my mistake. so it has been shaking like crazy since then. i had the car checked out and nothing is out suspension wise or with the alignment or balance. so when it was on the lift, we found trhat the pass. side wheel was tight and didnt want to turn easy. i figured it was a bda caliper. so today, i started with with new rotors, pads, and calipers. the passenger side is still loccking up. i dont know what to think. could it be bad caliper pins, or about the ABS. i need some help. anyone. i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Have you had the ABS codes pulled yet? You would more then likely have to take it to a Ford dealer to retreive those codes. Autozone scanners don't read those codes.

Where did you get the new calipers from and was the system blead correctly?

Another way to rule out the calipers is to put the rotor on and the wheel on and see if it turns easily. Another possibility is that the hub/bearings could have partially seized, its possible that the vibrations are setting off an ABS code in that wheel sensor.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Check your brake lines as well. I had the same issue. My passenger caliper froze up. Even after the new ones were put on, it still wasn't easy to turn the wheel. The brake line was rusted to heck. After a flush and the new line, everything worked swell.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the wheel does turn easy without the caliper, and the brake line when disconnected had a pretty steady drip. we Are going to pull the pins later and grease them up. i have the old calipers back and was going to see if they would work with new pins. if i pull the fuse on the abs, will it knock the system out so it wont lock up if it has a bad wheeel sensor?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Any ABS fault will disable the system. No need to pull fuses, the computer is pretty smart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.