Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 GT with just over 2500 miles on it. I have a noise coming from the right rear when I brake. A friend went for a ride with me and said that the noise comes from handling the brake rotor when it's put on. I took it in yesterday and the tech says that it's a problem with the axle. The thing is, the noise only happens when I brake, if it was the axle wouldn't it make noise at other times?

I don't have any experience with this service dept. and wanted to hear you guys' opinions.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I guess it's possible that the axle is subjected to forces during braking that it doesn't get other times. Try using engine braking to slow the car and see if you get the same noise. It should load the axle in a similar fashion without using the brakes. Seems a little far fetched, but stranger things have happened. I've never had a disk get noisy from handling, and even if it did, I'd bet it would have done it from the beginning, not after 2500 miles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update- they replaced the axle and everything is fine. that's why i'm not a ford service tech!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts