Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a I have an 05 gt convertible supercharged making 420 rwhp and stock brakes I have a chance to but some takeoffs from a newer 15 gt 4piston calipers 14 inch rotors first will these fit my car has gt350 replicas so they can accept big brake kits and is this enough of an upgrade that I will even notice brakes will be around 400 450 if I install

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
look on here for the thread about S550 brake upgrade, I think it is in the 2011-2014 Talk or GT section, it will help you with a lot of the details

I think the simple answer is yes; you can use the calipers and they are very similar if not exactly the same as the 2011-2014 Brembos. However I think you need the S197 rotors because the offset of the S550 rotor is different. If they are 14" rotors, then you should be able to use the S197 Brembo or GT500 rotors. You can order the rotors on line for pretty reasonable money. $500 or so total is a good deal for a do-it-yourself big brake upgrade.

Yes the 4-piston Brembos with 14" rotors are more than adequate for an upgrade. Many fairly serious road track people use those with good results and no problems, and road track is way beyond anything you will ever do on the street, regardless of horsepower.

For a complete, new, "big brake kit in a box" the best deal I know is the 07-09 SVT GT500 kit; which includes front and rear braided lines and rear pads, in addition to the front rotors, calipers, pads, and dust shields
https://www.americanmuscle.com/svt-brakekit-0509gt.html

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info so looks like I can’t uses the rotors because of the offset but if I order the gt500 rotors they are 14’ as well but the correct offset for the s197?

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
yes, the rotors are interchangeable across all of the S197 platform, including the GT500

(with some other requirements like if you want to use the 14" rotors, you need the Brembo calipers to go with them, of course)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks again so the 14 inch rotors he has won’t work because of the offset but the other 197 rotors are fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts