Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I love my car (as do pretty much all AFM users) but the thing thats bugging me right now (in addition to not having an x-charger :kooky: )is the general lack of stopping-power. My father, for instance has 2005 Chrysler PT cruiser 'Vert High Output Turbo (a pleasant 240 hp) and the difference in pedal feel is tremendous. Ok... im gonna cut to the chase:

Ford racing offers upgraded GT front rotors for some $150--which supposedly should help. These are my questions:
1) If I got these, could I then take my old front rotors and swap them with my rear rotors, getting better braking everywhere?
2) Is changing the rotors even the right thing to do for some cheap braking improvements?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I thought something similar. The fronts won't work on the rears. Try changing out the front rotors but more importantly get yourself some hawk pads

·
Registered
967 Posts
the front gt brakes are a little different than the v6 brakes. you'll need to upgrade two other things. (drawing a blank) someone chime in please :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
GT rotors require you change the caliper mounting brackets. Your front rotors will not fit the rear. The GT brake swap will not work with the 16in sixer wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.