Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 GT is a Project car that gets some lite street action and a few track events per year.

I am upgrading to the GT 500 Brembo 4 piston front brakes. I have the stock 18' fan blade wheels on the car. I know there are fitment issues. But I like the fanblades, so I'm hoping I can have both.

Does anyone know if I can get spacers to make these brakes fit? If so, what size?
Will spacers affect performance?

Thank You,

AF
FL2_2383_Aug1719_CaliPhoto.JPG

·
Registered
10,154 Posts
I guess you can probably make them work with huge spacers, but personally I would not do it. The spacers will push the wheels and tires way out, which probably won't break anything if done right, but it puts a lot of extra stress on the bearings and such.

Some 18" wheels such as the old GT500 wheels will clear the Brembo brakes; the spokes need to be out toward the edge of the wheel to clear the calipers. More 19" wheels will clear but again the design is important, not just the offset, to clear the calipers.

Reactions: jlee910

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
What kind of track events are you doing? If HPDE/AutoX, I wouldn't run that much spacer. You COULD run a hubcentric spacer with longer ARP studs if you really wanted to keep the fanblades. You'll want about a 1" spacer. If that fits well and you have the ARP studs and hubcentric spacer, I'd also consider sending the wheels to Weldcraft to have them widened by 1" too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts