Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at all the posts I decided that a 73mm caliper upgrade isn't the right way to go if I keep my drum rears. Whats the best way to go about upgrade a stock braking system without spending $400?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Probably just some Hawk brake pads up front and maybe some steel bushings for the calipers and some stainless braided brake lines.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You can also add some slotted rotors to that list as well. i have about $300 MAX in my front brake upgrade

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I wouldnt mess with that slotted rotor stuff, the rotors are small enough to begin with and then you are taking away surface area for the pads. Also I wouldnt touch a rotor that has been modified unless it is of extreme quality like Brembo or Baers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Powerslot rotors, new bearings, stainless-steel braided brake lines, paint the calipers, add Hawke HPS brake pads on the front.

Raybestos HD brake shoes, stainless-steel braided brake lines, strip and paint the drums on the rear.

Drained and refilled the entire system with FRESH Valvoline Premimum brake fluid.

Made a noticable difference on my pony.... warped rotor and worn pads/shoes might have contributed.... but the results in visual and seat of the pants was worth the $300 or so spent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.