Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got me a problem. just outta random my brakes stopped working well after i got off work the other night. came in and it was fine and when i went to leave in the morning the peddle went right to the floor. i managed to get pressure up but it wont hold. i thought it might be the master cylinder, cause i dont have a booster, so i got a rebuilt one and couldnt get the pushrod out the old one. so i checked all the seals and put it back together and now it has no pressure whatsoever. after bleeds and all. maybe still the
MC but if not what do you think? and how the hell do you get the pushrod outta the main piston? dont wanna brake anything but it wont come out. thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, They have a small clip/ ring on the end. that keeps them in. Take some WD-40 spray in the rod hole. of crouse first remove the rubber boot. Then take very small / long screw driver. What you are trying to do is to get the ring to go together where it is slit. While you are pulling on the rod. It is a pain!! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its a pain. been working on it for an hour and dont even know if i'm moving the clip at all or not. is there a micro set of clip pliers for this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts