Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my front rotors cut and the pads replaced but now the rear discs decided to groove out of control on me. They make a horrid grinding sound. I'm on a very tight budget, being that I'm 17 and insurance likes to take it up the butt, and need to get some parts cheap. I'm not a racer, don't do autox, and go to the track at best 2x a year.

How do these setups fair? I don't need the best, but I don't want pure crap either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnum-Drilled-Brake-Rotors-94-03-MUSTANG-NON-COBRA-F-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ8004191233QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-MUSTANG-94-04-DRILLED-SLOTTED-BRAKE-ROTORS-PADS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ8004212319QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Cross-Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors-Pads_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ8004548737QQrdZ1

I've never really looked into brakes and don't know much about who's who and what's what. I don't need brembos or baers either.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I'll let you know if the last setup is worth it. I figured for $180 it's worth a try so I got a set. If they don't work well I'll send them back.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna go with the second ones being that it has 90 days for warping or cracking.. Not bad..

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I'm gonna try and get soem hard data before and after the swap to post. I have a few really large parking lots at empty shopping centers here in my area. I bet I could cruise through and set up some markers and measure of distances as long as I can get approval from the local patrolling cops. They love to sit in those lots on weekend nights.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
I'm gonna try and get soem hard data before and after the swap to post. I have a few really large parking lots at empty shopping centers here in my area. I bet I could cruise through and set up some markers and measure of distances as long as I can get approval from the local patrolling cops. They love to sit in those lots on weekend nights.

Were you able to find the diameter of the rotors and do you know anything about the Kevlar combo?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered the second deal and got them with the ceramic pads. I think I might do the same thing and test them out compared to my stock setup now..

Right now my rear brakes sound like cinderblocks dragging on the pavement. :smoke:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
The kit doesn't come with new calipers so I'm assuming they are the stock diameter. I don't know much about the Kevlar combo. I'm assuming it's a compound not unlike carbon metallic pads, just made with kevlar. Or maybe they are carbon fiber pads advertised as kevlar. I'll find out when they come in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.