Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, on my 11 GT without Brembo brake option! Stock Brakes with 19" painted Anthicerite rims, I have been noticing for the past few months a squeal a low braking speed such as reversing out of the drive way or 15 MPH and lower approaching a stop light, I thought it was just brake dust could it be, Ive washed and sprayed down the rims and the brakes pretty good trying to get any accumulation of brake dust out! Should I be worried?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
yes, your rotors have prematurely warped due to crappy chinese metallurgy, your car will detonate next time you break and cast you into another dimension, quick! make 50 million threads about it and contact your local news station!

lol, jk..totally normal for pads with a metallic compound and if you lightly brake in city driving most of the time you will get a glaze on the rotor (i had that too) but after several hard stops from 60 to 0 it appears to have went away.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I get it when mine sits for awhile without being driven. Goes away after use.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, just like the others have said, that's natural. You may have accidentally put a bit of a shine on your rotors by braking softly over long distances. The metal-type pads will heat up and put a shine on the rotor or pads. After a few hard stops from higher speeds it goes away.

·
Registered
937 Posts
This thread saved me from a stupid question at the Dealership. I was wondering the same thing. :bigthumbsup

I also didn't want to be catapulted into another dimension!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea I noticed that same squealing. Seems like its no big deal. After about 5 - 10 mins of driving its completely gone.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Performance brakes are prone to making noise.

If it gets really bad or just annoys you too much there are some remedies.

Anti-squeal compounds that can be applied to the back of the pads, or you can use a scotchbrite disc to put a cross-hatch scuff on the rotors.

And as mentioned above but not called out by name, you can re-bed the brake pads by doing 6-10 60-20 MPH stops and then letting the brakes completely cool for 1-2 hours.

But, after doing all of this the squeal will likely return eventually, just the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys that makes me feel alot better also and I to am glad I was not catapulted into another dimension! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.