Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2012 v6 premium with performance package 201a and 19" tires will be here on 8/7. What I need to know is the brand of tires. they're summer only 255/40R19 . Dealer doesn't know and I have a tire shop that will me.at no cost ad long ad he.knows.the brand and they haven't been driven. HELP?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
most are Pirelli P Zeros

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
No, they COST almost $400 each, not that they are worth that much...
They are the best tires I have received on a new car from the factory, that being said they are not the BEST tires, and I am certain that there is a better tire out there for less money. But I fail to see how they are not worth the price that they are being sold for? Could you elaborate?

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
They are the best tires I have received on a new car from the factory, that being said they are not the BEST tires, and I am certain that there is a better tire out there for less money. But I fail to see how they are not worth the price that they are being sold for? Could you elaborate?
Best tires is awfully subjective. Do you mean in terms of quick-gripping acceleration?

I could argue that my stock P225/60-17 BFG touring radials are the best I've ever owned, but for completely different reasons. And they go for a lot less money.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
For quick-gripping, high-performance warm weather, auto-cross type tires, I've been hearing that Hankook has a variety that's superior to the Pirelli-Zeros and nowhere near as expensive either. Unfortunately they're junk for cool weather and rain. It all depends on what you're looking for.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Well, if there is an equal or better tire available for less money then how could the Pirelli's be worth what they get for them?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm a big fan of Michelin Super Sports and plan to purchase those after the Pirelli's go. They work extremely well on a dry and wet roads, but I'm not sure about their performance in the cold...something I never bothered researching since I live in hot a$$ Texas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All,
Thanks for all your input and based on your info I am going to keep them. I'm going to store the car for the winter. I really don't want to loose the performance putting on all weather.
D

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
All,
Thanks for all your input and based on your info I am going to keep them. I'm going to store the car for the winter. I really don't want to loose the performance putting on all weather.
D

I doubt that you will be disappointed in this decision one bit. I can also let you know that even with AS tires you will not be able to go up a 2 degree incline on a snow covered road. Best bet if you live in area that receives snow is to drive a beater around, I have a 98 Civic just for this reason. I don't get much snow so I don't put it in storage, I just leave it in the garage. :bigthumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts