Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
On topic you got bigger ones than me as I get faint hearted at 5.5K and short shift.. You go Girl
If it wasn't a long straight stretch I wouldn't have pushed it that hard. It was FUN! Seriously FUN. I honeslty have no idea how fast I was going because I was too busy watching the tac and then quick reacting when the gear dropped on me. Luckily I am so not a panicky type so when something like that happens I can react instead of panic. I can't say enough how much I absolutley love my car!! When the decals go in place then I will have more pics taken and post some. For right now it looks like every other seriously hot 5.0 out there, lol!

·
Registered
893 Posts
It kind of sounds like you may have experienced the skip shift as it sort of feels like you are forced to go into 3rd from 1st if you are going slow enough.

I'm one of the lucky ones that have had no issues with my MT-82 and although it's a little quirky I can shift it like a champ on the street or track.

these transmissions are finiky and you just have to sort of bond with it and become one lol

I hope you get it sorted and dont have to leave it at the dealer long before they solve your problem.

F

·
0 Posts
I am a real person and a GIRL with a 5.0 Mustang.....go for it. I really hate message boards good to see they still don't grow up even on a mustang site :yelpleased:

Anyway....I called the dealership today and they seem to think it is normal but scheduled it to be looked at next monday. He said that I am probably hitting the rev limiter and it is letting go. Deysha, I am going to send you the info. Thank you.
I sent you a reply today Jaime 5.0.:smilie

Deysha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I sent you a reply today Jaime 5.0.:smilie

Deysha
I got it and heard from someone today, thank you!! I didn't think this was going to happen when I googled, very impressed!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It kind of sounds like you may have experienced the skip shift as it sort of feels like you are forced to go into 3rd from 1st if you are going slow enough.
I wasn't going slow at all...:hihi::winks

I love your comment about becoming one with the car. Sounds cheesy but true. I have some of the shifting issues the others have but have chalked it up to it being a Mustang and thats part of it. I have been driving it more to get more familiar with the shifting hang ups.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts