Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1999 Cobra SVT on Ebay. Only 26k original miles, for $15k. Car was kept immaculate by the ORIGINAL owner. Can't help but feel like a got the best car deal of my life-- especially with the new car prices what they are. I don't think I can buy a Festiva for $15k....

Here are the mods i came with:
K&N cold air induction
Chrome Cobra R wheels- these are so sweet!
Nitto tires
Tri-ax shift kit
4:10 gears
x-pipe exhaust
Ford Motorsports racing pulleys

This car is a bad mambajamba. I love it!
I haven't really let it all go yet, but I'm working up to it.
There's a drag track a couple of hours from here, and I plan
to go out there to race my buddie's Dodge Magnum SRT-8.
Think it'll be close, but I should pull it out. We'll see.....
Any ideas on what et I can get??

Any input showing your times and upgrades will help. And maybe a list of the cars you've smoked would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I know I dont have a corba, but my 6 has waxed a couple of GT's with the mods I have, usually auto GT's so your looking at a pretty nice et.

·
Banned
918 Posts
If this is your first time, I say 14's. The IRS and 4.10's on that car are not easy to launch on. Plus your track expereince, well lack of hinders you.Hell I ran [email protected] my first time out. 2 years and 50+ passes I got her to a best of 13.6 before I made some major mods.

My car bone stock ran a best of [email protected]
o/r h pipe, shifter, K&N, and mufflers [email protected]

With current mods in the sig, I havent ran at the strip yet, but kill list
A few LT1's
Few LS1's
Some GT's
Various Hondas, Mitsubishi's, and all
04 SRT 4 w/ mods(He got me on the launch but I came past him around 70 and put 1-1/2 cars on him

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations... You already have most of the best mods. Check to see if it has an aftermarket torque brace and IRS bushings. If not, you'll want them. If you add the brace & bushings, you will want to do the springs, shocks and struts at the same time. I see you have gears, so you either have a speedcal or a chip. If you have a chip, check to see if it's programmable. If it's programmable, you may want to have a custom dyno tune before you do the other mods I mentioned. Only thing left after that is boost and/or going inside the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.