Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took delivery of my new 06 mustang about 3 weeks ago. I do like it but I think the exhaust is way too quiet for what I expected. I have seen clips on various web sights comparing stock mufflers to Flowmaster mufflers for example. I'm thinking mine is nothing like the clip but I only have 300 miles on the car and I have read some people say that they get a bit louder after they are "broke in" is this true and what is it that is breaking in anyway? I did have a 95 Z28 that I put a Magnaflow on and it did seem to get a little louder after nearly a year.....

Tickle

·
Registered
363 Posts
As far as the stock mufflers go, you may hear a slight increase in sound, but nothing too significant. From what I've heard though, you'll see an increase in sound over time with most aftermarket systems available.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My stock muffler on my V6(manual) took till 3000 miles to break in and it roared and purred with the best of them. But my friends manual just doesnt sound the same as my stock one did. Could be because I had a manual and was able to keep it up in the high rpms by not gearing up :winks

Got a new one yesterday FRPP made by Borla and it sounds pretty good for now, cant wait for another 3000 miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I noticed at 1000 miles that my car was a bit louder. My guess is that the cats are breaking in a bit. The mufflers have nothing but steel chambers in them, so I don't know what would cause them to become louder...

·
Registered
758 Posts
smedin said:
I noticed at 1000 miles that my car was a bit louder. My guess is that the cats are breaking in a bit. The mufflers have nothing but steel chambers in them, so I don't know what would cause them to become louder...
That may be it but im not an exhaust expert so :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts