Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my 80's euro BMW and plan on using the money to buy the Saleen SC stage 1 package from brenspeed, and plan on taking the car there for the install and tune. I have a few questions though, has anyone taken there car there for this install? If so what were your impressions? Second, I would like to install the COMP blower cam on the car, but would i be looking at forging internals at that point? I just sold the euro today, and I plan on calling brenspeed for their opinions tomorrow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am heading to Brenspeed tomorrow evening for a supercharger install on my 07 mustang. I will be glad to post my experience with them on Wednesday night upon my return. So far my experience via phone has been EXCELLENT. These guys come highly recommended and so far I can understand why. They are more than willing to spend time answering your questions, providing free advice and tips which, as you know, just doesnt exist in business any more. They invited me out and are letting me stay in their "guest house" at no charge. I also found them to be almost a $1000 cheaper than local tuners and there is no comparison to the customer service thus far. I will post more on Wednesday night. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brent I really appreciate it, I have already dealt with them with my SCT X3 and tune and was very happy. Let me know how everything goes, because this is the route I want to go. Cant wait to hear the news wednesday :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
249 Posts
I purchased their vette killer package last year and had it installed locally. No complaints and Seth has been awesome at answering questions. I would have let them do the instal but I live a little far away. I bought the super charger and had it installed with out telling my wife which was hard enough with the car being in the shop locally but it would have been impossible to hide if I had to drive or ship the car out there. Nothing like having to ask for forgiveness:D a lot of forgiveness!

Good luck they will treat you right.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I purchased their vette killer package last year and had it installed locally. No complaints and Seth has been awesome at answering questions. I would have let them do the instal but I live a little far away. I bought the super charger and had it installed with out telling my wife which was hard enough with the car being in the shop locally but it would have been impossible to hide if I had to drive or ship the car out there. Nothing like having to ask for forgiveness:D a lot of forgiveness!

Good luck they will treat you right.
That is funny as hell! I am doing the same exact thing! My wife thinks I am taking my mustang on a trip for work! Man is she going to be mad when I get home! Oh well...........I still find it funny how when she gets mad at me she doesnt talk to me for a couple days. As though she honestly thinks that is some type of punishment! LOL

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
In late March I drove there 14 hours from NJ for the Stage 3 Vette Killer Package. Everything was as advertised and as everyone said it would be. Perfect. The guesthouse is clean and stocked with food, beverages, soap, towels, laundry detergent. The supercharger was installed in a day and runs flawlessly. For something as complex and expensive it was really trouble free. Would do it again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In late March I drove there 14 hours from NJ for the Stage 3 Vette Killer Package. Everything was as advertised and as everyone said it would be. Perfect. The guesthouse is clean and stocked with food, beverages, soap, towels, laundry detergent. The supercharger was installed in a day and runs flawlessly. For something as complex and expensive it was really trouble free. Would do it again.
Can I ask what you paid for the Stage 3 package? And lastly, what gears are you running?

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is funny as hell! I am doing the same exact thing! My wife thinks I am taking my mustang on a trip for work! Man is she going to be mad when I get home! Oh well...........I still find it funny how when she gets mad at me she doesnt talk to me for a couple days. As though she honestly thinks that is some type of punishment! LOL

I got the cold shoulder for a couple of days. Slept on the couch the first night. I knew I was in trouble when I walked into the bedroom, lights were off and my 12 year old lab was in my spot on the bed (traitor!). I find the couch comfortable and I can stay up and watch Pinks or something on the Speed channel. Funny thing is when I opened the hood she couldn't really tell anything had been done! On the other hand my 8 year old was like what is that! and then I took him for a ride. He loves the sound which is going to come back to haunt me when he is older! I knew I shouldn't have done the donuts with him in the car!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea im not too worried about the girlfriend situation, unless I come home missing a wheel or the car is a different color she wouldnt know the difference. My parents, more so my dad, on the other hand is a different story. He wants me to save the money for a while, but F.I. is high on my priority list.

Still asking the question...can I run the brenspeed twin screw cam in the car without worring about forging the internals?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got the cold shoulder for a couple of days. Slept on the couch the first night. I knew I was in trouble when I walked into the bedroom, lights were off and my 12 year old lab was in my spot on the bed (traitor!). I find the couch comfortable and I can stay up and watch Pinks or something on the Speed channel. Funny thing is when I opened the hood she couldn't really tell anything had been done! On the other hand my 8 year old was like what is that! and then I took him for a ride. He loves the sound which is going to come back to haunt me when he is older! I knew I shouldn't have done the donuts with him in the car!
I picked up the Stage II Saleen Kit but I failed to tell my wife the full amount of the install (that is until the check cleared the bank). She is a CPA, which stand for Cheapest Person Around.

Actually, she was upset for a few days until I was able to convince her to go with me (O.K. I bribed her with some time at the beach) but she actually had a good time staying at the house made available by Brenspeed.

All the people at Brenspeed were really great to work with.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yea im not too worried about the girlfriend situation, unless I come home missing a wheel or the car is a different color she wouldnt know the difference. My parents, more so my dad, on the other hand is a different story. He wants me to save the money for a while, but F.I. is high on my priority list.

Still asking the question...can I run the brenspeed twin screw cam in the car without worring about forging the internals?
Call Seth at Brenspeed he should be able to give a straight answer. I would say yes as long as the tune is good and the install is done right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea i was planning on doing so once the check clears the bank, and that travisty of a BMW leaves my driveway for good.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Can I ask what you paid for the Stage 3 package? And lastly, what gears are you running?

I am running stock 355 gears.
I paid $7171 for the Stage 3 installed and Autometer Wideband O2 gauge, autometer boost gauge and dual apillar gauge pod installed.

But I already had the Steeda CAI, Saleen extreme hose and SCT2 tuner. Since I bought these items from Brenspeed they took money off the price.

JDM is one hour away and wanted over 8 large for their version of the stage 3 installed with no gauges. Even with gas, food and hotel stay on the way over I saved over 500 bucks.

Once again not knocking JDM in any way except in price.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Back from Brenspeed!

Just got back from Brenspeed tonight.
HOLY CRAP! MY CAR IS AWESOME!
First, the guys at Brenspeed are fantastic. Got there Tuesday at 3:00 and hung out with them, went to the new shop and watched a few cars being dyno tuned. Got a tour of the new facility that opens in July and it is going to be awesome.
After hanging out with the Chandler, John, Brian and the owner Brent until about 10:00 it was off to the guest house. Oh yeah I almost forgot, got to take a ride with Chandler who has a wicked fast 05 mustang!
The house was great, clean and fully stocked for me with food and soda. Very cool!
Got up the next morning, dropped off the car and hung out at the guest house watching movies and such. Guys came and got me at 6:00pm and went to watch my car dyno tuned. After installing the Stage 3 Super Charger, I pulled 429 RWHP and 458 Torque with everything else stock (3.55's gears/no headers,no delet plates or etc.). And that was running with my 20" rims. I couldnt be happier and my god this car is fast. I swear I have more torque now in 5th gear going down the highway at 70mph than I did before the supercharger taking off fresh from a dead stop.
The guys at Brenspeed do more than just sell parts and install them. They treat you like family and the entire experience is way more than you are going to find anywhere else. They are very competitively priced and they test everything they before they sell it.
Take it from me, Brenspeed it the way to go!:happyhapp

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from Brenspeed tonight.
HOLY CRAP! MY CAR IS AWESOME!
First, the guys at Brenspeed are fantastic. Got there Tuesday at 3:00 and hung out with them, went to the new shop and watched a few cars being dyno tuned. Got a tour of the new facility that opens in July and it is going to be awesome.
After hanging out with the Chandler, John, Brian and the owner Brent until about 10:00 it was off to the guest house. Oh yeah I almost forgot, got to take a ride with Chandler who has a wicked fast 05 mustang!
The house was great, clean and fully stocked for me with food and soda. Very cool!
Got up the next morning, dropped off the car and hung out at the guest house watching movies and such. Guys came and got me at 6:00pm and went to watch my car dyno tuned. After installing the Stage 3 Super Charger, I pulled 429 RWHP and 458 Torque with everything else stock (3.55's gears/no headers,no delet plates or etc.). And that was running with my 20" rims. I couldnt be happier and my god this car is fast. I swear I have more torque now in 5th gear going down the highway at 70mph than I did before the supercharger taking off fresh from a dead stop.
The guys at Brenspeed do more than just sell parts and install them. They treat you like family and the entire experience is way more than you are going to find anywhere else. They are very competitively priced and they test everything they before they sell it.
Take it from me, Brenspeed it the way to go!:happyhapp
Thats good to hear...I will definatly be taking my car there once my finances are in order. I will probably wait until the spring to do the supercharger, twin screw cams, and gauges (AFR, boost, fuel pressure) all in one shot. Can't wait to bully some of the LS1 F-body guys around town :happyhapp

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats good to hear...I will definatly be taking my car there once my finances are in order. I will probably wait until the spring to do the supercharger, twin screw cams, and gauges (AFR, boost, fuel pressure) all in one shot. Can't wait to bully some of the LS1 F-body guys around town :happyhapp
You will kill those guys! This is the best thing I have ever done! The car drives totally normal. But once you press that gas pedal hard, you better hold on! Its incredible! I have ridden in some quick cars but the torque on this thing is really impressive. Save your money and buy one. The guys at Brenspeed will take great care of you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You will kill those guys! This is the best thing I have ever done! The car drives totally normal. But once you press that gas pedal hard, you better hold on! Its incredible! I have ridden in some quick cars but the torque on this thing is really impressive. Save your money and buy one. The guys at Brenspeed will take great care of you!
Other than the supercharger did you have anything else installed? Any gauges or anything like that?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had the following installed last month by brenspeed:

Vortech V3
BIllet delete plates
Boost gauge
roush vent gauge pod
brisk plugs
39lbers,
BAP
Mac LTs
Off road x
Powdercoated cam covers
Stage 2 Thumprs
phaser limiters
Tune

They were awesome. Like stated they treated me like family, I live in indiana so I just drove up and dropped the car off. Brent called me the next day and gave me an update on everything they had completed at the time and when I picked her up the following day he greeted me again gave me some Brenspeed shirts and went over everything with me in detail. Excellent customer service. Unfortunately their dyno was still in storage at the time so I am hoping to make the 4 hour drive back up their next month to get some free dyno pulls.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.