Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Mustang has smoked headlights and front signal lights, I put some brighter bulbs in the headlights but they are just not bright enough to drive at night. The tint on them isn't removable, so I was looking to get a new headlight assembly. I was planning on getting a stock headlights assembly and then just putting a LED or HID conversion kit within it.

Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Personaly I'm not a fan of the tinted head lights heck back in the day when I had my '88/'96 I had the head light covers but took them off at night due to the inability to see at night

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 2005 Mustang has smoked headlights and front signal lights, I put some brighter bulbs in the headlights but they are just not bright enough to drive at night. The tint on them isn't removable, so I was looking to get a new headlight assembly. I was planning on getting a stock headlights assembly and then just putting a LED or HID conversion kit within it.

Any recommendations?
Welcome to the AFM NRJ_!

Now most people on here will tell you not to put any HID kit in the stock headlight housing, or you'll be "that guy". The stock housing will throw light into on coming traffic and glare no matter how low you aim them with HIDs, as it was only designed to be used with Halogen bulbs.

Now a nice set of projector lenses would be nice, but usually very pricey as well. They are designed for HIDs and will throw light much more efficiently without you blinding other drivers and getting bright-lighted all the time.

Although, most people switch to HIDs when they have tinted headlights, as it's about the only thing bright enough to shine through them at night. I'm not sure about the glare, but if you are definitely wanting HIDs, I suggest to use them with the tinted headlight assemblies you already have!

If you go that route post up some pictures because I would like to see how well they shine through the tinted lenses at night!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Retrofitting can be quite hard in my opinion, but it can be very rewarding as the customization can be endless.

I honestly think it's easier to buy an aftermarket projector headlight. Basic, yeah. But may save some headaches if you're not into DIY.

AM sells projector headlights. I bought knock off raxiom ones on eBay. Threw in some morimoto bulbs and hid kit from theretrofitsource and it looks amazing.

You may be able to skimp and get a cheap projector headlight housing...but definitely don't cheap out on the hid kit and bulb components...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
170 Posts
Brianwu you are right. It was quite hard but it works without any issues. As you I am not a fan of cheap HID kits you can buy on ebay or some where else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts