Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bring on the snow! I'm ready.Fired the winter rubber and black steel rims on the GT today.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
It's a little early for that ain't it?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BlueStreak03 said:
It's a little early for that ain't it?
Here's a pic of my front yard and street taken on Oct 19 last year and Halloween.It started on the 17th but got real cold by the 19th.Tell me if you still think it's to soon.:eyepoppinAnd it didn't melt until April!:doh:
They don't call it the Great White North for nothing.The temperature can got from 50 degrees farenheight to 0 degrees farenheight in a matter of a few hours.So you can imagine what happens if it's raining when the temp starts to drop. I've come out from work to go home and had my car covered in a 1/4 inch of ice!!! Winters can be brutal here.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Seeing how REALLY bad the Mustangs are in the snow , you have to be the smartest guy ever !:thumbsup

Last winter my Mustang was really bad in the snow ,not IROC Z bad ,but still bad !
I really could yous some winter rubber myself , and good job thinking ahead , it will pay off !

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having to drive the GT in the winter kinda sucks.But not as much as driving a beater that breaks down all the time(been there,done that).I might pull the front chin spoiler off.Five bucks for clips to re-install it in the spring is much cheaper than $130 for a new spoiler.Luckily my route to work is on fairly well groomed roads.At my old house the rear lane that the garage was on,never got plowed.One time I pulled out of the garage to go to work and there was a cube van stuck in the snow two houses north of mine and a beat up old Buick stuck five houses to the south.Great excuse for not going in to work that day.:heha:Man,those black rims sure are ugly.:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think i'm going to hold off on the winter tires and rims for another couple of weeks. Definately getting some this year though. Last year I braved it without and that was an experience. It's not bad once the snow is packed down, but on those heavy falling days when it's all fresh it's a pain.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If we ever get snow this year, I'll be parking the stang. Rear wheel drive, snow & ice, and lots of hills don't go together. So, I'll be taking Metro mass transit. :sosad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
haha the easiest thing to do in the winter is to GARAGE IT! Haha, who really wants to put their baby through all the extremly harsh conditions of the winter, not to mention all those idiots who cant drive, then again I live in Northern VA, WORST TRAFFIC AND DRIVERS EVER! Anyone know any great winter tires, as to now I have two sets of extra rims to mount some on haha

Alberta is awesome, I was up there last year. There is very little time there ISNT snow up north

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DJOSRS said:
haha the easiest thing to do in the winter is to GARAGE IT! Haha, who really wants to put their baby through all the extremly harsh conditions of the winter, not to mention all those idiots who cant drive, then again I live in Northern VA, WORST TRAFFIC AND DRIVERS EVER! Anyone know any great winter tires, as to now I have two sets of extra rims to mount some on haha

Alberta is awesome, I was up there last year. There is very little time there ISNT snow up north
Yeah I'd love to park it for the winter.But making payments on a car you can't drive for 6 months out of the year isn't an option. We've got some pretty terrible drivers here too. Some days I barely make it out of the driveway before I encounter one. Tailgaters in the playground zone are my favorite.
The favorite hobby in Alberta right now seems to be spotting Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Pitt is up here filming a flick and rented an estate a few miles west of Edmonton.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No snow yet.
It was unseasonably warm today.
The temp was in the mid 60's.
I even had the top down.:happyhapp

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ranger said:
Hey CdVision..

I am planning to buy winter tires for my stang, what size of tires are you using in yours?
I went with Mustang 6cyl tire size(225/55R16) on 16" universal steel rims from Canadian Tire. The added sidewall height and narrower width gives for a better ride and traction in the cold and snow.Plus the outside diameter is the same as the 245/45R17's so it doesn't affect the way your speedo reads.
Here's a size calculator http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.