Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 88 GT (T-tops) Thats been sitting in the garage for about a year. It needed a new fly wheel (with long tube headers it was a nightmare.) S o i just got it all in. I'm moving about 45 mins away in a week any idea of tune up things to do to a car thats been sitting a year? has a little over 100K miles on it. other then change the oil. Any additives i should but in it or anything?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Maybe something in the gas tank if it was sitting with gas and did not have dry gas or something in it when it was parked. Also, you may find that you need to change the fuel filter after driving it for a bit as stuff gets stirred up in the tank.

Change the wiper blades. Otherwise, if you have to use them, I would not be surprised that you experience the rubber separating from the arm, doing two things: leaving you with no wipers and leaving you with a nice scratch on the glass.

Anti-freeze / coolant OK?

Check the belt, hoses, and tires. Basically, anything rubber should be looked over just to be safe. Rubber can deteriorate pretty quickly...

I park my car every year. Change the oil and wipers and I am good to go. Never had any major issues as a result, although it doesn't sit for a year. I would think that common sense would go a long way here. Make sure it is mechanically in good road-worthy condition and you should be OK.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what's i figured thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts