Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled on my dipstick tube too hard while checking the oil. I can get it back in, but it is loose. Does anyone know if I am supposed to put sillicone, or epoxy to hold it in? I can tighten the mount for the tube, but what about the connection of the tube and the block? surely there is a seal or hi-temp sillicone that creates a seal. Please help.....the people at AutoZone have a combined IQ of 62!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
my 94 was unmolested and it seemed to have silicon on the tube...it should get tight if you push it down

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tube shoukld get tight if you push it back in. I have had to this, from under car use a pair of vise grips on tube and tap pliers with hammer. My tube support is broken and ever since the tube just stays loose. I have never seen any kind of sealant on tube, but it couldn't hurt it you are leaking a little oil. Mine has never leaked even a hint of oil.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Dipstick is a pressure fit tube so your not going far enough in the block or the tube is no longer flanged. Wipe the stick off and put some loctite on it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I used JB Weld on mine. It's not going anywhere

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I think I'll use high temp sillicone and try to secure the tube to a different location. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't start spewing oil, cuz I haven't run it since the tube came out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.