Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't paying attention leaving work and got to close to a pole and knocked off the left side view mirror on my stang. There was no paint damage and I disconnected the wire clip. Dealership wanted $397 to fix. Any ideas for a cheaper fix? The only thing wrong with the mirror are the places where it screws in. The plastic ripped from the threads.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Is the mirror still in one piece? Perhaps some JB Weld on the threads?? Can you post a picture of the damage?

G

·
my view is get it fixed by the dealer and she stays new...do you really want a patchwork job on your new mustang...?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Check your local wrecking yards. If they don't have one, they can get you one at a much better price than your dealer. :wavey

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had an incident with my passengers side mirror a few months ago. Broke it off. The bodyshop called to get one from the local Ford dealer. They said it had to be back ordered. I guess they are too busy putting the new ones on in the factory. Good luck! :kooky:

PS: The mirror itself costs about $275.00. Putting it on takes about 10 minutes!

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts