Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 99 mustang coupe. Recently my passenger quarter was broken when someone tried to rob me. I purchased another window but want to try to install it myself. Any information on how to find out the best way to do it? All the window installation places are extremely expensive and I know I can do it. I've searched you tube and everything but to no avail!! PLEASE HELP!!!

-woman in distress rage-smiley.gif

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's pretty easy with some basic tools and a t45? Torx bit to remove the upper seat belt mount. You'll need to remove the interior plastic panel next to the back seat to access the 8 or 10 nuts that's hold the window assembly in the the car. That will be th most annoying part because you have to manipulate all sorts of other crap to he it out. There is a fat bead of sealant around the inside so even when the nuts are removed you'll need to gently pry or push the window from the car. If you hav th 'new' window already, you'll notice the outer rubber trim is molded around the window. There is no removing one and not the other. It is a one piece unit.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Just noticed you have a '99...you posted in the 5.0 section, I thought you had a fox body. Disregard everything I told you

·
Administrator
13,237 Posts
Just noticed you have a '99...you posted in the 5.0 section, I thought you had a fox body. Disregard everything I told you
I`ll move it.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts