Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking a grille guard or brush guard would make my stang look real agressive. I cant find a grill guard for it though. Im thinking like the one the saleen has in transformers. What do you guys think? And does anyone know where I could by one?

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is just my opinion, but, it's not a cop car, and it's not an off-road vehicle, so a brush guard is just going to make you look like you think it is.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Those are push bumpers that are mounted on cop cars. I'll just leave it at that.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
I was thinking a grille guard or brush guard would make my stang look real agressive. I cant find a grill guard for it though. Im thinking like the one the saleen has in transformers. What do you guys think? And does anyone know where I could by one?

You could get a big A$$ Confederate flag decal for the roof too, that would be sweeet!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The most
reticules
I ever heard was a friend asked what I thought of stuccoing a home made console. I really laughed
Spell checker betrayed you.

I need a guard of some kind for my doors. Two years without a ding, and now two within a week.

I remember a Road & Track drawing in the early VW Bug era that showed a button mounted on a Bug's rear bumper. Next panel showed a car bumping the VW's bumper and a giant spring-loaded hammer emerging from under the VW "hood". Last panel showed the hammer had stamped a two-foot diameter "VW" on the nose of the button-pusher.

Who sells something like that for my doors?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, alright guys.... enough. I see that everyone seems to likes my idea! My reason for thinkin this up is cuz I just got my bumper ripped in half by a rock hidden in some ivy in a parking spot. I was thinking about glassing it, and then trying to cover the damage. So I thought about the transformers car having that push bumper, and thinking maybe it would look good while covering the damage so I didn't have to buy a new bumper fascia. BTW, I'm not a hick, just trying to make my car different from others. Thought it might look agressive. I guess i'll weld a pole onto my roof and go with the confederate flag idea instead :) Anyone know what the costs of a gt bumper fascia are? Im gonna have to get it painted sonic blue as well, which will probably hurt.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In a parking lot a couple weeks ago I saw a black S197 Mustang with the sort of thing you're talking about on the front. It looked... odd. Like a hood scoop on a Prius, or low-ridering a Jeep Wrangler.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
theres a "P" word(capital P) of a state cop that roams around where i live. he has an 06 blue gt and the only way to tell its a cop is his black push bar on the front, the bullet proof vest he always wears, the sound of ted nugents "stranglehold" comin from his car stereo(jk) and black chrome wheels. suprisingly it looks mean, even worse when his lights come on behind you. i do believe he also has a lot of work done to it, s/c, 10" rear tires, and its lowered. no tellin what else. hes also got hidden lights in the grille, and rear window. haha, if you come through east cenral indiana you'll probably find him on the side of the road behind a rice burnin teenager who thought he could rev off a mustang..HA didnt mean to get off topic

·
0 Posts
Hammer down

I have bumped into things, driving like an ass, I've also slid in bad weather driving cautiously. Ether way it will save cash on the small stuff, and maybe keep the engine out of your lap for the big stuff. Its a whole lot cheaper than a roll cage. Of course, you get what you pay for. Its a good idea, I'm interested in one as well. GIDDY UP!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your money, your ride, do what you want to with it.
I would be interesting to see...once. So take pictures.

If a dodge can do it, I don't see why a mustang can't.

http://blogcdn.webridestv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dodge_charger_police_car.jpg

http://autojunkie.blogspot.com/genlee.jpg

Probably have to be custom. Go for it! :bigthumbsup

Edit: Was just thinking of missed opportunities for a brush guard on a Mustang.

Knight Rider in Attack Mode

And the

Death Race car (Gimped chopped with bush guard.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2725/deathraceq.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
you know I was wondering the same thing. I really wanted to get one so that if I hit a deer, antelope or a giraffe (when I am taking my african safaris)... perhaps even deflect a small child... my 'stang could speed off un-scratched. perhaps a snow plow would be better? (totally kidding about hitting the kid.)

·
Registered
541 Posts
In a parking lot a couple weeks ago I saw a black S197 Mustang with the sort of thing you're talking about on the front. It looked... odd. Like a hood scoop on a Prius, or low-ridering a Jeep Wrangler.

Couldn't be as bad as a jacked up F150 I saw with 15" wheels. It looked like the monster trucks when they replace the monster wheels with regular wheels for transporting. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts