Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has an 01 Cobra. It has the CAI and tuned, but not sure if its the 93 tune. He might be running the 87 tune. He just went down to 3.23s. Also, it has the hurst short throw shifter in it, but thats no big deal. He's not that great. I know thats the 4.6 4v motor, but is it anything like the one in the Termis? Yes, those are supercharged, but I have to imagine the 01s are still quick. Whats gonna happen if we line up?

· Registered
1,370 Posts
01 cobra is only 300 hp IIRC, not the 4v in the termi unless im thinking wrong.

· Banned
12,365 Posts
not even close to Termi power..I'm assuming you are racing him with your 06? It would be close, a driver's race, since both cars are similar in power, etc
Also he went "down to 3.23"? Wow, never heard of that one

· Registered
271 Posts
According to your signature, it looks like you have a terminator...is that what your planning to race him with? If so, it won't even be close. If you're in your 06 GT, it will be a close race...probably based on mods and driver...

· Registered
12,563 Posts
just go for it, and be safe . . . not much fun internet racing, much more fun racing for real!

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be in my 06. The Termi is my dads. I drove it for awhile though, then I got my car. So thats that. Haha. And he may have meant 3.31s which I was thinking but thats what he said. He had 4.10s but he had bad whining issues from a bad install by the previous owner. So he had them changed and went to a longer gear to help with MPGs. I knew they weren't exactly the same as the Termi motors but wasn't exactly sure how they did.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey now... I did drive it for a solid handful(8-9) of months. It is what I started with when I started hanging around the forums. I feel it should at least deserve to be on the bottom of the list in the sig, haha. :winks I do not mean to false advertise though.:no grinner
And so the final verdict is? Me or him winning?

· Registered
1,440 Posts
Hey now... I did drive it for a solid handful(8-9) of months. It is what I started with when I started hanging around the forums. I feel it should at least deserve to be on the bottom of the list in the sig, haha. :winks I do not mean to false advertise though.:no grinner
And so the final verdict is? Me or him winning?
I'm placing my bet on you. You'll only find out by actually racing, though!

· Registered
6,473 Posts
He has an 01 Cobra. It has the CAI and tuned, but not sure if its the 93 tune. He might be running the 87 tune. He just went down to 3.23s. Also, it has the hurst short throw shifter in it, but thats no big deal. He's not that great. I know thats the 4.6 4v motor, but is it anything like the one in the Termis? Yes, those are supercharged, but I have to imagine the 01s are still quick. Whats gonna happen if we line up?
Only one way to find out, line em up.

But one of the best rules of street racing (and strip racing) is that if two cars are closely match and one car gets out on the other car, it's REALLY HARD to catch up.

That's why I've always been a huge proponent of UPR Products suspension and sticky tires. Even if he has more horsepower than you, if you cut a "good light" (leave right on the third honk or whatever) and you hook hard, he's not gonna catch you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.