Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have this crazy idea of putting a "bug catcher" on my 1999 mustang so heres what i'm thinking. cut a circle in the hood which is where the air would go through and mount/weld the "bug catcher" on the hood. Then under the hood i would have to reshape the intake to align under the "bug catcher" then the intake tube would have some type of rubber fitting grommet and the tube from the catcher would fit in place every time i close my hood. this is just i crazy idea i had while watching a youtube vid of a blower with a bug catcher. Also i will disconnect the butterfly valve from the bug catcher and leave the original car throttle body. Tell me what you think.:winks

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
first of all why? There would be no performance gains...get a good JLT cold air intake and call it a day

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Ram air in the form of a shaker or custom kit on our V6's, while looking awsome, doesnt actually add performance, and for a fraction of the price you can get a good cold air intake, or even a windstar intake kit and get alot more of a gain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.