Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone let me know if the build I've listed below works? Please add and/or subtract mods as you see fit. In my final build, I would like to have a supercharger with all accompanying mods.

Since I don't really know if certain parts don't mix together, I've come to you, amazing, most knowledgeable fellows. :worship

All parts are from AmericanMuscle too. :bigthumbsup

$909.00 SLP Ceramic Long Tube Headers
$500.00 JLT Cold Air Intake / SF3 Tuner
$450.00 SLP Catted X-Pipe
$300.00 GT500 Spoiler - Painted
$300.00 Pypes Pype-Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust
$300.00 BBK Upper & Lower Control Arms
$250.00 Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set
$200.00 Quarter Window Louvers - Painted
$180.00 Hurst Competition Plus Shifter
$140.00 Sequential Taillights
$90.00 Autolite HT0 Spark Plugs
$20.00 8" Shorty Antenna
Total cost for parts = $3,639.00

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Most of those work pretty well together. When do you plan on supercharging? I only ask that because if you plan on doing that in the near future I wouldn't bother with the intake and tuner as the s/c won't be compatible with the intake and most s/c kits come with a tuner. Also for the blower you will need a step colder spark plugs than the ones you have there. If it's gonna be a while before you can do that or you need new plugs now, than your list is pretty good. All the appearance and exhaust mods are preference, just watch a ton of exhaust videos so you get the set up that you really like. The only thing that I might add to it is some new shocks and struts, unless the ones you have now are relatively new. Also if you get new struts, you should upgrade the strut mounts. The GT500 mounts should be good enough, your not really lowering it enough to make caster camber plates a necessity.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S/C isn't an option for a while, unless I can go Squidd's route.

I'll look at the shocks, struts and strut mounts as well. Everything on my car is stock at this point and I'm almost at 60k miles.

How is this kit?

Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Strut & Shock Kit
http://www.americanmuscle.com/tokico-dspec-shockstrut-0509.html

Also, what's are some good strut mounts and spark plugs? Can you link me?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If you have 60k on yours then you should replace them soon. The ones you showed are very good options and some of the best you can get. As for spark plugs, they are l really about the same. You could try 10 kinds and probably not notice a big difference between them as long as they are all gapped and installed right. The ones you chose are good plugs. Here are the strut mounts I was talking about
2005-12 Mustang Ford Racing GT500 Style Strut Mount Pair, M-18183-C at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
I think CJ Pony Parts carries them too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts