Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if you could tell me what hp I will be getting with my build. Here it is. 302 30 over, Heads partially ported, standard headgasket, 600 holley, weiand 8001(i think), street/strip summit cam, eagle 347 stroker, street/strip summit performer headers. stock rockers

D

·
0 Posts
I was curious if you could tell me what hp I will be getting with my build. Here it is. 302 30 over, Heads partially ported, standard headgasket, 600 holley, weiand 8001(i think), street/strip summit cam, eagle 347 stroker, street/strip summit performer headers. stock rockers
Impossible to give you a hp....people could guess but that's all it would be is an opinionated guess. Just build what you want and like and dyno it for yourself. :) good luck and have fun with the build!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, It has been like old times in high school. Every thing I touch is like I've been there before. I think the only thing I never had to tear apart to rebuil in high school was the body itself. Got lucky and never crach my old 67. The neat thing about this one is I can pretty much do it they way I want this time. Any suggestions on the automatic? I saw some kevlar bands and wondered if they would beef it up a little.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
300hp to the flywheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need more info Please.

Thanks pigmuffin, I would love anything above 250. I will let you guys know once I get it rolling. Right now it looks kinda like your pic with you sitting inside the front. Cool Pic!

I am still looking for information about the automatic. I have know idea what the guts are like in the one that came with the car. If they are anything like what the car was when I got it, I'm screwed.

It was put back together with half the nuts and bolts, literally! I bought it because the body was in such good condition. It has no rust in the quarter panels, and very little anywhere else.:bigthumbsup And only one dent in the body. front and back splasy guards are a little whacky but can just be bent into shape. But who ever was doing the retro didn't have a clue.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You say 302 but its a stroker? That will give more, also the cam specs would help out a little too.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
300hp to the flywheel.
really? Bored 30 over and with a stroker kit? They need one of those emoticons with the exploding head here because that's what I'd be giving you right now :kooky:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a eagle 347 crank assembly, I am not sure of all the numbers and what they mean on the cam. It is a summit 4400. Again I am on a budget so I can't go all out. I went over the build with the rep at summit to make sure all the components will go with each other. I told him what I wanted and seemed helpful. But the proof will be how it runs.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
really? Bored 30 over and with a stroker kit? They need one of those emoticons with the exploding head here because that's what I'd be giving you right now :kooky:
I was confused now I know it is a 347 with a mild cam, intake, and 600 holley I would say now -

320hp to the flywheel.

:rockwoot::party

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It is a eagle 347 crank assembly, I am not sure of all the numbers and what they mean on the cam. It is a summit 4400. Again I am on a budget so I can't go all out. I went over the build with the rep at summit to make sure all the components will go with each other. I told him what I wanted and seemed helpful. But the proof will be how it runs.
for a mild build this should run ok, you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
hey sh!thead they make crate 351's and 350's with like 265hp, so just because he added more cubic doesnt make it fast, it gives it POTENTIAL to be fast :eek:)

and I will wrech a PRS with some EMG 81's just for you.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi! what head are you using, what is partialy ported. that a pretty mild cam for a 347. I'll back up Pig on that. If you are running stock heads with small valves you are probably between 260-280 hp max. a 351w HO with 302 head made 250hp with a simillar cam, in 1969 it made 290 hp with better heads and cam.
you would make more power with stock stroke and better heads.
if you would put afr 185 head on that 347 you would make over 400 hp.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i used a 68 302 block for a 332 stroker and it makes awesome power. i did use aluminum heads with big valves, money well spent dual plane edelbrock intake with a 800 cfm carb. my 428 cj mach bored 30 over doesnt even come close to the power of this small block. estimated 450 hp to the flywheel. with 380 gears and a t-5 5 speed its hard to get the tires to stick first thru third. my advice would be to get it professionally done and aviod the 347 due to the added stress on the cylinder walls. 331 or in my case a 332 would be the max i would go unless building a motor strictly for the strip. hope this helps
Duke

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input. I will give you the results with the build when I am done. Got most parts for the engine. Almost done with the prep on the body. Then off to the body shop. That is when I will put the engine together. By the way, what I meant by partial port is I took the nubbin off where the valve goes through the head. I never shined the exhaust port or mathced it to the headers. Call me lazy if you will. And I was taught that if you shine the intake port you will loose the rough part that helps atomize your fuel/air. But I am going by my old school memory here. When we ground off the little bump it was a quick way to add space to that chamber.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Thanks for the input. I will give you the results with the build when I am done. Got most parts for the engine. Almost done with the prep on the body. Then off to the body shop. That is when I will put the engine together. By the way, what I meant by partial port is I took the nubbin off where the valve goes through the head. I never shined the exhaust port or mathced it to the headers. Call me lazy if you will. And I was taught that if you shine the intake port you will loose the rough part that helps atomize your fuel/air. But I am going by my old school memory here. When we ground off the little bump it was a quick way to add space to that chamber.
Polishing is something Chevy guys do

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts