Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, newby here, i want to build more power out of my 1987 5.0, i have heedmen headers, no cat coverters, BBK cold air, and 3.73 gears i just put in, where could a guy with not a very big budget go from here?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
what kind of budget? that thing needs heads, intake, cam and a tune.

G

·
Welcome to AFM! Since we're getting some good input here let me move this to the 5.0 section so you can get more help.

Thanks for joining and keep us posted!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Welcome to AFM. How much power you you want to get out of your mustang? Some GT40 heads and a good intake manifold like trick flow or a cobra intake would be good. Check out the 5.0L forums they will give you good advice there.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to AFM. How much power you you want to get out of your mustang? Some GT40 heads and a good intake manifold like trick flow or a cobra intake would be good. Check out the 5.0L forums they will give you good advice there.:bigthumbsup
i was looking for maybe 100-200 extra horsepower, im not a big drag racer, i just have a buddy who just dumped a whole bunch of money into his camero and now he can just barely run me down and of course now he feels like he owns the strip haha but GT40 heads and an intake eh? is it worth doing a cam job to it? i hear people can do pretty good on the stock cam

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
do the whole top end, heads, cam, intake and a tune. after that, suspension work on the rear is a big +.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts