Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was watching the movie "The Wraith" before. After watching and seeing one of my favorite cars, Minty's 77 Trans Am, I started thinking. I want a supercharger, but don't really have the money to afford one. Minty's Trans Am had a Roots on it, and i first thought about maybe designing one. After a good thought process, I realized it would probably be expensive and hard to build with little accessibility to machines. I then considered a centrifugal. After looking at some diagrams, I came up with a list of parts that can be bought at local parts stores, or even ordered for fairly cheap. The hard part will be making the snail shell for it. I think i've come up with a very good idea/design concept for it, and it's going to work well. Considering my time schedule, and what will be needed to do it, I figure my first prototype should be done within 3-6 months. Wish me Luck!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you do and it works ill buy one from ya:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you do and it works ill buy one from ya:bigthumbsup
Sounds good....If I come up with a 2nd prototype or something you will get to test and possibly keep one :winks:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
good luck, ill take one too if it works out:winks.

·
Banned
480 Posts
Care to share said diagrams?

I remember seeing a show (on Discovery, I think) about making turbos and or superchargers (memory is a little fuzzy). I don't really recall the specifics, but the show did go in depth about this guy building backyard turbos. With a little know how and elbow grease, and some good machining skills, I think it's quite possible to make your own. It'd be a hell of an accomplishment as well. Throw that on your resume!

Here's a piece of advice all good craftsmen live by - measure twice, cut once.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Puede tener? :gringreen

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Care to share said diagrams?

I remember seeing a show (on Discovery, I think) about making turbos and or superchargers (memory is a little fuzzy). I don't really recall the specifics, but the show did go in depth about this guy building backyard turbos. With a little know how and elbow grease, and some good machining skills, I think it's quite possible to make your own. It'd be a hell of an accomplishment as well. Throw that on your resume!

Here's a piece of advice all good craftsmen live by - measure twice, cut once.
Once I have something real good drawn up I'll pm it to you. I don't want to post it, then someone steals my ideas and there goes my patent :( LOL

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone by any chance have a blown supercharger I could use as a donor?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I want to jump on te wagon. I'll try one of the prototypes. Good luck hope all goes well

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
likewise...I'll definitely test it out:kooky:

Good luck! I've been wanting to make my own for awhile now I just haven't done much digging to figure it out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
good luck with your idea i hope it works our for you. im curiouse to see your prototype

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Great memory for an old man. So why not build a hydraulically operated supercharger :grinroll::grinroll::grinroll:
Good luck......

After that you can work on a hydraulic clutch prototype

Sorry i had to do it.......:rollgrin:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I often wondered about an intercooler that worked off of the A/C. Why not divert a bit of the cold A/C air into the intake of a turbo or s/c, its slightly compressed and cold. The parasitic h/p loss from the A/C being on may be less than the gain so it can potentially create HP?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good luck......

After that you can work on a hydraulic clutch prototype

Sorry i had to do it.......:rollgrin:
Hahahaha no it's ok that was funny as hell, made me laugh!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I often wondered about an intercooler that worked off of the A/C. Why not divert a bit of the cold A/C air into the intake of a turbo or s/c, its slightly compressed and cold. The parasitic h/p loss from the A/C being on may be less than the gain so it can potentially create HP?
That's an idea for the future, however my AC is taken out so I don't have a system to work with for that lol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts