Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black GT, and i was intersted in getting some Chrome Bullitt Deepdish wheels. 18*9 on front, and 18*10 in the rear. Anyobdy got pics?? What size tires would i need for them?? thanx:thumbup

·
Registered
559 Posts
Go to: MustangTuning.com...

The 18X9" or 18X10" Bullits as deep dish or regular style...

Dave :heha: :heha: :heha: :heha:

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Currently MustangTuning has the set for $829.00 Chrome Deepdish Bullitts. 2 18x9 and 2 18x10's. The only issues right now is that a spacer (Included) is required in order for the 18x9's to clear the front calipers. Not a big deal and not noticable.

As for tires... You can safely fit and clear 275/40/18's on the front (Stock 05 Saleen runs 275/40/20's all around). Some have squeezed 285's on the 18x9's but I think I will stick with the 75's.

On the rear 18x10's a 295 will fit just fine. Others have run up to a 315 but it will stick out a bit. With my car being lower than stock, I plan on running 275/40/18's on the front and 295/45/18's in the rear.

Hope that helped!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Dang! I LOVE those deep dish rims! Anybody recognize the hood on the black shelby clone on the linked page above? I like the double vent style, and that's the closest I've seen to the show car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The deeps are rightous. must have the the body style. Kinda worried about the spacer you have to use. It's only 1/4 inch but it sounds like a band-aid fix for bad engineering.

Anyone have a picture of a Sonic Blue Stang with the black deepdish Bullitts on? Like to see how it looks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think the 18X10s only fit older cars. Mine has 18x9s all around.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
ultraclyde said:
Dang! I LOVE those deep dish rims! Anybody recognize the hood on the black shelby clone on the linked page above? I like the double vent style, and that's the closest I've seen to the show car.
That is VegasJay's ride. RKSport hood I think.

·
Registered
263 Posts
2horseowner said:
I think the 18X10s only fit older cars. Mine has 18x9s all around.
The 18x10's on the rear fit the 05's great, it is the 18x9 deep dish that require a spacer in order to clear the front calipers.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Lots of pics on AmericanMuscle.com too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 18x10's on the rear fit the 05's great, it is the 18x9 deep dish that require a spacer in order to clear the front calipers.
im looking at this exact same set up, but like usual i have questions. Do any problems occur with these spacers for the front? are they quality spacers?
correct me if i am wrong but some spacers come with studs in them and some come without and are just a "spacer." Are the ones they come with; with or without studs? should i look into a 5mm or 10mm eibach spacer possibly.
If i recall right, i think i remember reading something once about spacers in the front as a no no. are the spacers required for the deep dishes to fit small enough that it wont affect anything in the steering?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the staggered deep dish set on my '09 GT - 18x9 and 18x10. I got them from American Muscle. No spacers required. I believe going with the deep dish bullitt's you are limited from increasing caliper size. If you want 4 piston calipers, etc, look for another rim that allows access.

AM offers free shipping and you can always PM AMNick for the latest forum discount.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Pretty sure they don't require spacers. AM.com sells them specifically for our year...why would they make wheels for our cars that need spacers?

·
Registered
78 Posts
glad to hear that spacers are not needed to put deep dishes on the front. i have read that you cannot upgrade to bigger brakes with deep dishes but i do not plan to do that.

will the MGP caliper covers work though with the DD wheels? i do plan on getting those

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got my wheels at American Muscle. Great price and quality. Correct offset... just bolted them on with no problems at all. I bought my tires and had the wheels mounted at at Discount Tires. Plenty of room for big brakes.

I have 18x10's and 18x9's, and am running 285-40ZR18 (rear) and 255-45ZR18 (front) Nitto 555s

Deep dish bullitts (chrome, anthacite and black):
2005-2009 Ford Mustang Wheels, Mustang Rims at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Nitto 555's:
Look for Nitto NT 555 Extreme Performance tires by size in the Inland Empire Area - Discount Tire/America's Tire

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got my wheels at American Muscle. Great price and quality. Correct offset... just bolted them on with no problems at all. I bought my tires and had the wheels mounted at at Discount Tires. Plenty of room for big brakes.

I have 18x10's and 18x9's, and am running 285-40ZR18 (rear) and 255-45ZR18 (front) Nitto 555s

Deep dish bullitts (chrome, anthacite and black):
2005-2009 Ford Mustang Wheels, Mustang Rims at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Nitto 555's:
Look for Nitto NT 555 Extreme Performance tires by size in the Inland Empire Area - Discount Tire/America's Tire

Tripod,

This pretty much is my exact setup as well. Nitto 555 in this size hook well! I still am not sure about upgrading caliper size. My stock calipers are right there, meaning very close. If you want to do a caliper upgrade in the future be sure to tell anyone you plan on ordering from before hand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.