Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i have read that the bullitt suspension kit (made for 94-04) does fit on 87-93 mustangs.

any truth to this statement?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
there is indeed. all springs from 79-04 should interchange

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thats 50%! thanks!
now what about the struts / shocks.

the ones that come with the bullit / mach 1 kit are tokico manufactured, actually identical the HP "Blues". do the front struts / rear shock interchange from 79 - 04??

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yep. Do a search on the Corral, theres plenty of guy's who have used the Bullit/Mach 1 stuff on their foxes. I put the shocks and struts on my dad's '95 vert a couple of months ago, and was amazed with the results. Now i just have to score some springs!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
systronic said:
hey guys. i have read that the bullitt suspension kit (made for 94-04) does fit on 87-93 mustangs.

any truth to this statement?
Yes I have the Bullitt Suspension on my 92 GT! I also used MMs CC Plates, the car rides better than stock and it handles awesome! It lowered the front about 7/8" and about 3/4" out back, so it has a slight rake and looks really good too. Just be careful where you shop at as many places try to pawn stuff from other cars off as Original Bullitt stuff. Bullitt stuff hasnt been produced in a while, so you just need to check out a place like PPI that bought stuff in surplus. Good luck with your car!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Watch out on an '85 or earlier, the portion of the spindle where the strut joins up, is slightly wider. The '86 and newer struts will take a little persuasion, to mount to those spindles.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was planning on buying the MACH 1 kit from stangsuspension.com

any thoughts on the seller? anyone bought from them before? seems legitimate to me..

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=899

im planning on calling and getting all the details before purchase, like spring rate (should be 600 up front, 250/300 in rear)

thanks

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The Mach 1 has very similar spring rates as the Bullitts do, but the valving in the struts and shocks are different. If you have access to Original Bullitt stuff, I would choose it over the Mach 1 stuff!

Go Steelers!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
shakerhood said:
Go Steelers!!!

Off topic, but yeah right!!! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do the sway bars from the 94-04 bullit kit fit my 88 as well???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.