Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, need some answers about the factory 17" bullitts so I can compare to the aftermarket wheels I'm eyeing.

What width are they? I think it's 7"?
What's the offset?
And the big one, how much do they weigh?

I'd like to step up to 18s, but I refuse to run a much heavier wheel. I think the added rotational, unsprung weight would cancel out any gain in contact patch.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ultraclyde said:
okay, need some answers about the factory 17" bullitts so I can compare to the aftermarket wheels I'm eyeing.

What width are they? I think it's 7"?
What's the offset?
And the big one, how much do they weigh?

I'd like to step up to 18s, but I refuse to run a much heavier wheel. I think the added rotational, unsprung weight would cancel out any gain in contact patch.
Ultraclyde,

I just went through this, althought I wasn't as concerned with the factory wheels. The ones I took off were 17x9 and I'm guessing the weight was around 25lbs. The ones I installed were 18x9.5 with 255/45-18 (front) and 285/40-18. There is not a lot of clearance in the front without using a spacer.

Here are some 18" options I found for the 2005/2006:

18x9 - +36mm 27lbs
18x9.5 - +50mm 28lbs
18x10 - +45mm 29lbs (rear only)

http://www.mustangtuning.com/mustangwheels.html

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ones I'm looking at (today:tongue ) are the Falken Hanabi. 18x8.5 with a 38mm offset. 20lbs. subtle, but nice. you can see them on www.falkentire.com
Looks nice, lightweight, not too pricey. Corse, I think I'll have to wear out the Pirellis before I can talk the wife into letting me upgrade. Oh well, better turn the TCS off....

·
Registered
599 Posts
It may just be me, but that falken web site is useless. I googled those wheels,(Hanabi) and they are my new leader. I like the looks ok, but I really like that weight and price($135each @ Edge Racing):eyepoppin

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right on both counts! Falken's site is a big disappointment. Needs more pics of the drift mustang, at the very least.

I wish the rims were available a little wider. I found - thru google- pics of a VW running the Hanabis in the same size and offset that fits the stang, but different bolt pattern. They look a lot better in those pics than they do on the edge racing site, even. I was pretty impressed with their site, on the other hand. Seem like competant folks. Anybody ever dealt with them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts