Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking into bumpsteer kits and just wondering if anybody has any comments on them. I still have to install a set of camber plates but when I do, will the bumpsteer kit even be that noticible? I found them for $150 on e-bay[ steeda ] has anybody seen them for cheaper?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i think it depends on your application (aftermarket or stock) when considering price. there is a taper on the bolts for stock ends, so they are a bit more expensive. maximum motorsports has nice ones. basically its just an adjustable tie rod end. the problem is it requires measurement of bumpsteer and everything...

depending on your year model, you may not need them. the 90(or 91?)-93 models have different rod ends that are capable of enough movement for lowered suspoensions etc. (you dont need the bumpsteer kit if your not lowered). if you have 87-89(or 90?) rod ends, you can actually get the 91-93 ends from maximum motorsports for about 50 bucks, but hurry, they are limited supply.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is lowered enough were you can see the wheels camber so I thought the bumpsteer kit would help. Still not sure?

More advise needed...any help woul be great!

·
Registered
253 Posts
when the car is lowered the geometry of the suspension is thrown off, offset rack bushings and bumpsteer kits help eliminate this problem and allows the car to handle better. i definitely recommend both. i am actually selling a bumpsteer kit on ebay that i had for another car (sold the car) if your interested look in suspension section under mustangs in ebay motors.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
well thats reassuring for me! im buying the ford racing "C" springs, about a 1 inch drop. and im not really interested in buying bumpsteer kits and c/c plates right now (im broke!)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from the sounds of it you wont have to spend too much cash if your just going 1 inch...Mine is over 2in so Im gettting thrown around quite a bit on those ruts in the roads. Didn't really consider getting the x2 balljoints though...should I? Im already getting camber plates and bumpsteer kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.