Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz,

Just thought of putting a list of problems in my car and I am not a car expert so will take it to the mechanic I trust the most and will update it as I progress with the fixes.
Your suggestions are most welcome and infact I am looking for them so that I can feed them to the mechanic if needed.

1) Right Rear Brake squeals, brake padel is spongy and doesn't stop the car quickly. : Firestone Diagnosed as Rear Right Caliper Leaking (Not sure from where in caliper) and rear Rotors are thin. Pads are new though.

2) Power Steering Pump leaking, haven't seen a problem though need to know if there are any quick fix other than replacing it.

3) Car bucks when going upward on a flyover or hilly road and also when trying to accelerate, feels like lacking power for a short while, some one suggested the following things but yet to check so will update with the fix that will be done. Any suggestions ?

1) Spark Plugs and Wires
2) Vaccum leaks in hoses and Intake manifold.
3) Check Fuel pressure
4) Check battery
4) MAF Sensor Cleaning

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Regarding the PS pump leak. Perform a visual inspection. Just as likely the leak is actually from the PS lines/fittings. The swivel fittings are not serviceable. Replace the line assembly.

·
Registered
506 Posts
does the right rear caliper always squeal or just under breaking?
is your car due for a tune up? how many miles are on you car? are you on original plugs, wires, coil, and fuel filter?

what car do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
02..3.8l....just changed my coil pack after same problem with missfiring under load,did wires and plugs first...car back to new,got all the horses back..61k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts