Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is not that I do it all the time, but sometimes looks good and feels even better. Well the thing is that when I do the burns out I notice that just one tire does
. In order to do this I have to press the button that change the wheel traction. Any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:

Is not that I do it all the time, but sometimes looks good and feels even better. Well the thing is that when I do the burns out I notice that just one tire does
. In order to do this I have to press the button that change the wheel traction. Any help will be appreciated
you need to turn off the traction control, and pick up a detriot locker.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I get that part and how do I do all that process?

I am finally putting the 42lb injectors so the supercharge is complete. But u know a supercharge mustang burning just one tire…………looks weak. So I will know for sure how much power I am getting out this procharger. Also if you know any other thing I can do to my stang in order to improve, it you will make my Christmas. The only thing that has on it is the procharger and a computer (venom 300) comp ship.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:

I am finally putting the 42lb injectors so the supercharge is complete. But u know a supercharge mustang burning just one tire…………looks weak. So I will know for sure how much power I am getting out this procharger. Also if you know any other thing I can do to my stang in order to improve, it you will make my Christmas. The only thing that has on it is the procharger and a computer (venom 300) comp ship.

Thanks.
www.detroitlocker.com

http://www.tractech.com/Products.htm#slip

you'll need this to hook up.

you should also pick up a 2.5" dual exhaust, Pro-M mass air meter, and a 70mm BBK throttle body first.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So you recommend me to put this differential, will these part increase or unleash more hp? How much will these cost me, cuz I can’t find any price on the web.

I forgot to mention that I have the exhaust system already. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:

So you recommend me to put this differential, will these part increase or unleash more hp? How much will these cost me, cuz I can’t find any price on the web.

I forgot to mention that I have the exhaust system already. Thanks a lot.
THe differential is a limited slip, that will put power to both wheels, giving you better traction. That particular model is clutchless, and won't burn clutches.

The rest will free up the most power you can get without a port and polish job, and a new cam.

You REALLY need to get a rear sway bar, and running all that power, you should REALLY consider a set of subframe connectors at the very least, and you might want to consider shoring up the torque boxes, as well.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
kscoyote said:
THe differential is a limited slip, that will put power to both wheels, giving you better traction. That particular model is clutchless, and won't burn clutches.

The rest will free up the most power you can get without a port and polish job, and a new cam.

You REALLY need to get a rear sway bar, and running all that power, you should REALLY consider a set of subframe connectors at the very least, and you might want to consider shoring up the torque boxes, as well.

Get 'em one at a time, they're all gonna run $200 or so, but the installation of the differential can be very expensive, so check out local prices before you get teh part.

REar sway bar is $30 at a local salvage yard. All you need is a GT bar.

You're killin' me over here, man!

:rolleyes:

I was almost hopin', you'd continue running with the chip, or the 19lb injectors, blow the engine , then sell the ATI for cheap!!

:winks

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
hahahahahah thats messed up KS....funny but screwy :dunce:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lcurle said:
hahahahahah thats messed up KS....funny but screwy :dunce:
He WAS! He was killin' me! I'm sittin' here worried about what he's doin' to his car, -if he'd listen, etc.,

Then the evil side of me was thinkin,' "you know, it doesn't sound like he's listenin' at all! That thing's going on ebay soon with next to zero miles/hours of time!!

If he put's that dang chip back ain and talks about runnin' 19# injectors any more, I'm not sayin' nuthin', but then the good side would take over, and say, "Look, man, he's askin' for help, even if he'snot listenin'.

It was all messed up!

But I'm glad it's running well enough for you to start askin' about wheelspin!

:happyhapp

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:

Thanks.

No he's still running that e-bay chip!!

I may get that unit yet!

:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol you are absolutely right you told me to take the ship out of the car. But the thing is that the car runs so good with it, the ship even have a switch to turn it off so what I do is just turn it off. At this moment they are installing the new injectors so I don’t know how the car runs with the new ones. However I rather take the ship out instead of buying a new engine. I think I will do the rest of the thing that I ask you about. One by one and well am very content with all your help. If I accomplish all my goals for my mustang will be thanks to all you guys. Thank you.:thumbsup

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
lol you are absolutely right you told me to take the ship out of the car. But the thing is that the car runs so good with it, the ship even have a switch to turn it off so what I do is just turn it off. At this moment they are installing the new injectors so I don’t know how the car runs with the new ones. However I rather take the ship out instead of buying a new engine. I think I will do the rest of the thing that I ask you about. One by one and well am very content with all your help. If I accomplish all my goals for my mustang will be thanks to all you guys. Thank you.:thumbsup

Did you tell them about the chip?!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I didn’t. Why? Also I was wondering if this differential is the one that I need http://detroitlocker.com/DE.htm or this one that I saw on v6mustangstuff.com http://v6mustangstuff.com/drivetrain2.htm . Which should I go for?

As soon as I get my car back I let you know how’s everything. I will personally take the venom 300 module out of the car. :sterb:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
No, I didn’t. Why? Also I was wondering if this differential is the one that I need http://detroitlocker.com/DE.htm or this one that I saw on v6mustangstuff.com http://v6mustangstuff.com/drivetrain2.htm . Which should I go for?

As soon as I get my car back I let you know how’s everything. I will personally take the venom 300 module out of the car. :sterb:
I don't think they have an electric locker for the 7.5". The second link is for the Ford Racing Unit.

I burned that out in one winter, trying to get up a steep hill.

What you need is the reissued Detroit Locker for the Ford 7.5" rear. It should be in the catalogue by now, if not call them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.