Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running with three "eyes". One of the fogs burned out last night. So - are light bulbs covered in the bumper-to-bumper warranty? The car is only 10 months old and has 7K miles but I think that's a bit early for bulbs to strart burning out. Not that I'm cheap - one of my office mates was saying they are covered on his new Audi A3. Second question - are there aftermarked bulbs that are brighter available?

·
Registered
80 Posts
2horseowner said:
I'm running with three "eyes". One of the fogs burned out last night. So - are light bulbs covered in the bumper-to-bumper warranty? The car is only 10 months old and has 7K miles but I think that's a bit early for bulbs to strart burning out. Not that I'm cheap - one of my office mates was saying they are covered on his new Audi A3. Second question - are there aftermarked bulbs that are brighter available?
Yeah they are covered in the warranty. A headlight on mine went out after three months ... they just replaced it when i asked them about it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Patience?!? said:
Yeah they are covered in the warranty. A headlight on mine went out after three months ... they just replaced it when i asked them about it.
I replaced my factory bulbs with PIAA 9005 "FOG" lamps, they are Amber in color and is really good in the Fog, because Amber light doesnt reflect like white light does. They will make your car stand out too. PIAA makes really good bulbs by the way!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Go with the Silverstar 9005. They're about 20% brighter. Put one in place of the burned out one and you'll see the difference immediately. Those fog or as we like to say "driving" bulbs are a pain to get to but the instructions are in your book.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
woodj said:
Go with the Silverstar 9005. They're about 20% brighter. Put one in place of the burned out one and you'll see the difference immediately. Those fog or as we like to say "driving" bulbs are a pain to get to but the instructions are in your book.
NO kidding, to get to the foglamp bulbs, you have to pretty much bend the heck out of the front bumpercover forward after you unbolt it from the top. they should have thought of a better way to do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts