Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2011 GT with MT-82. I've only put about 150 miles on it. There's a slight burning smell after driving a few miles. No, it's not my clutch! This is my first new car I've bought. Is that just the engine burning off the "newness"?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Yeah, just some of the protective coatings and oils burning off. Nothing to worry about unless it gets real bad and you see smoke...:winks

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yea, +1. Mine did the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a new 2011 too, just over 200 miles. I am getting the same smell although it is starting to go away.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Same here mine did but seems to be gone now at 1.3k

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
That's a sample of the free Flat Rock Cologne that comes with your car. :winks

F

·
0 Posts
Just got a 2011 GT with MT-82. I've only put about 150 miles on it. There's a slight burning smell after driving a few miles. No, it's not my clutch! This is my first new car I've bought. Is that just the engine burning off the "newness"?
Hi safetyfast,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I still recommend you go to your Ford dealer and have them take a look and make sure there is nothing wrong. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to message me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info.

Deysha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi safetyfast,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I still recommend you go to your Ford dealer and have them take a look and make sure there is nothing wrong. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to message me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha. The dealer I bought from is an hour and a half away. Guess I'll give the local service a try, even though their salesman was too lazy to call me back when I was looking for a car.

F

·
0 Posts
I just bought a new 2011 too, just over 200 miles. I am getting the same smell although it is starting to go away.
I still recommend you go to your Ford dealer and have them take a look and make sure there is nothing wrong Rooster06. If you need me, do not hesitate to message me.

Deysha

·
Registered
400 Posts
Also, if you have Traction Control on or are using Sport Mode, it may be your brakes that you smell.

F

·
0 Posts
Thanks Deysha. The dealer I bought from is an hour and a half away. Guess I'll give the local service a try, even though their salesman was too lazy to call me back when I was looking for a car.
Ouch, sorry to hear that! Send me the info I requested so I can escalate it for you.

Deysha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Deysha. I think it's probably the cat. converters. Seems to come from the exhaust. I've only got 300 miles, so I think I'll give it a few more days before I schedule service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive been still too lazy to get pics posted yet but wanted to thank Deysha again for her info and theraputic response to my requests for status during the build process

Passed a 1000 miles today

F

·
0 Posts
Thanks Deysha. I think it's probably the cat. converters. Seems to come from the exhaust. I've only got 300 miles, so I think I'll give it a few more days before I schedule service.
Ok, no problem.:)

Deysha

F

·
0 Posts
Ive been still too lazy to get pics posted yet but wanted to thank Deysha again for her info and theraputic response to my requests for status during the build process

Passed a 1000 miles today
Awww!! Congrats and thank you lots!!:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

Deysha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm impressed with Ford for taking the initiative to get active on the board. In this day and time it makes sense.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts