Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I pull even a slight burnout (more of a wheel spin to be honest) I smell a burning smell. Now don't laugh and call me stupid because it does not smell like burning rubber from the tires. It smells like I am burning the clutch, but all I do is rev in first and drop the clutch so there is no feathering or anything that should be causing it to burn. Anyone else have this problem or a possible solution?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i got a MAC o/r h-pipe installed recently and i notice the same thing, but mine is an auto

·
Registered
131 Posts
I used to have the same thing and then after about 2 weeks of doing that it just went away and never came back. The last time that it happened I actually had smoke (which dissipated as fast as steam) come out from under the hood in a quick spurt. It did that once, and nothing ever happened again..

After vigorous inspection, there was no trace of anything to be found anywhere that was burned, melted, or damaged... I just didn't know how to explain it :eyebulge:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a Mac o/r h-pipe as well. The only thing i can see that would make the burning smell is the DTS coating on it which might burn off a little

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
i had a funky smell when i got on the upper rpms and drove it hard, after i went from stock midpipe to 2 high flow cats

no more after my o/r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.