Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Maybe he just wants to feel like a pro for a couple minutes! I really don't care when people waste their tires - I am much more bothered when people take cars down the track that you know are barely able to keep the fluids in on a regular drive and they race it anyway and wet the track all the way down.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
I learned the hard way on this topic - first not cleaning tires at all - then driving thru the water box to clean them - backing in then short spin but it still puts water in the wheel wells which can drip-- best is drive around short spin and go - also who ever said do not lower tire pressure is right on again learned the hard way so of us learn from others and some have to pee on the electric fench

·
Registered
198 Posts
I learned the hard way on this topic - first not cleaning tires at all - then driving thru the water box to clean them - backing in then short spin but it still puts water in the wheel wells which can drip-- best is drive around short spin and go - also who ever said do not lower tire pressure is right on again learned the hard way so of us learn from others and some have to pee on the electric fench
I've always wondered, when you drive through the water box then spin the tires just enough to get them dry, what about the water on your front tires. Your laying that down on the track in front of your traction tires, right?

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
A good track separates cars with street tires from cars with slicks. They let the guys with street tires run, clean and dry the track and then let the guys with slicks run. I don't think anyone should have a problem with a guy with street tires having fun. They pay the same as everyone else. The problem is with the track officials being lazy.

As someone said here, I find it humorous when people lower their air pressure too much on street tires. I start at 28 lbs and then take 2 pounds out. If it doesn't hook better I go up to 30. If it does hook better at 26 I'll try 25, but I've never had better 60's with less than 25. It seems to be different depending on the surface, the prep and the temperature as to what works best.

I always do a small burnout to clean the tires. Again, anyone that has an issue with someone doing that doesn't have an issue with me, or any other driver, but instead with the track officials that aren't doing their job keeping the track clean and safe.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts